Apparently I've been here a while...

PFlyer

Hey everyone, I went to register today after listening to the of the Podcasts about community. Lo and behold I was already registered... must have done it years ago because I don't remember! I guess this isn't my first time logging on. Long time lurker, first time poster. 32 now, been flying fixed wing as long as I can remember and drones since they became affordable. Anyway, hope to be a part of this community for a while.

Currently bashing a 96" Telemaster kit that was partially assembled by a partially blind guy. I'll start a build thread and hopefully can help someone with theirs.

BTW, I'm just south of Nashville

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
Welcome, sir, glad to have you aboard!

Let us know when your Telemaster is put together, and get a video of the Maiden, if you can!

And, since you're close to Nashville - how's the flying out that way? Are people pretty open about it, or is it more like, "Get that thing outta here! I don't need no flyin' weedwacker above me!" (It's always kind of interesting to see how relaxed or uptight people are in different parts of the country)

PFlyer

Thanks fam,
I'll definitely get a video of the maiden and post it on FT! The area I live in (Spring Hill) has been generally accepting, even my neighbors gather to see me fly my electrics in front of the house. Thankfully the other side of the street is still undeveloped and basically no mans land for about a mile. Basic curiosity, the usual "can I try", etc. Overall it's all good.