Apple Pie's B-25 Mitchell

Apple Pie's B-25 Mitchell V1

Please log in to download

speedy7385

Pictures looks great! I’m not able to see the videos but glad to hear the maiden went well 😁
Thanks, and sorry the Facebook video link didn't work. I had reload it on youtube with a new link. Hope that work out better. Thanks for the great plan, had a lot of fun building and flying it.

jahatton

Some update pictures, it's coming along. Retracts in, mounted the motors. Made brackets to attach wing to fuselage.
Hi, speedy7385 I'm going to start building this plane very soon. I like your choice of retracts and had just purchased them for a T-28 project. I will reorder in the coming days. What is the length your struts are and what size wheels are you using? I've built many planes over the last 8 months but the B-25 is imho is the best plane next to the Master Series planes! Thank you. Jim

speedy7385

Hi, speedy7385 I'm going to start building this plane very soon. I like your choice of retracts and had just purchased them for a T-28 project. I will reorder in the coming days. What is the length your struts are and what size wheels are you using? I've built many planes over the last 8 months but the B-25 is imho is the best plane next to the Master Series planes! Thank you. Jim
Hi, I use 55mm wheels. and the struts are 3.5 inches in length from the end of retract to center of wheel. Have fun with your build, the plane flew great.

jahatton

Hi, I use 55mm wheels. and the struts are 3.5 inches in length from the end of retract to center of wheel. Have fun with your build, the plane flew great.
Hi Speedy7385 ordered the gear and it already shipped from Banggood China! Won't be expecting it till November 25 or so. Can you upload a picture of the battery compartment I assume that the nose section slides off and the battery sits inside the fuselage box? I found that I didn't cut the front half of the fuselage box nor the skins so have to buy more FB from the hobby shop tomorrow. While I'm waiting for the retracts I can remove the ones from the T-28 to get the mounts correct and then it will be just a plug and play install.

speedy7385

Hi Speedy7385 ordered the gear and it already shipped from Banggood China! Won't be expecting it till November 25 or so. Can you upload a picture of the battery compartment I assume that the nose section slides off and the battery sits inside the fuselage box? I found that I didn't cut the front half of the fuselage box nor the skins so have to buy more FB from the hobby shop tomorrow. While I'm waiting for the retracts I can remove the ones from the T-28 to get the mounts correct and then it will be just a plug and play install.

Hi, this is how I setup my battery.

Attachments

• 16038186900638643058260273319899.jpg
    16038186900638643058260273319899.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0

jahatton

Hi, this is how I setup my battery.
Thank you so much. What size battery are you running and what size motors are you using and prop size? I had the rear fuselage bulkheads all glued in and had to get more FB for the front half. Then to my horror things weren't lining up.... I had to strip all the bulkheads off both halves and then figure out which way the halves connect. I was able to sort it out seeing your picture of both halves side by side. I sure love hot glue cause if need be a hot iron can loosen it all up. :-D

speedy7385

Thank you so much. What size battery are you running and what size motors are you using and prop size? I had the rear fuselage bulkheads all glued in and had to get more FB for the front half. Then to my horror things weren't lining up.... I had to strip all the bulkheads off both halves and then figure out which way the halves connect. I was able to sort it out seeing your picture of both halves side by side. I sure love hot glue cause if need be a hot iron can loosen it all up. :-D
Good that you got it all sorted out. I am running DYS 3542 1000kv 80A 10x4.5 4s 2600mah. That's the only 4s batteries on hand.

jahatton

Good that you got it all sorted out. I am running DYS 3542 1000kv 80A 10x4.5 4s 2600mah. That's the only 4s batteries on hand.

I ran into a delima again. I got the fuselage nearly all skinned except that there is no Skin F-13 and the skin that goes over the wing hatch? I didn't see the tail turret nor the upper turret.
I have the Turnigy motor of the same size as yours in the Master Series Spitfire 40A ESC and 11x7.5 APC on 4S, don't have a battery for that yet. I have 2 1550 4S which I plan to run with.

jahatton

Apple Pie submitted a new resource:

Apple Pie's B-25 Mitchell - 1.9m wingspan master series style WWII bomber. C Pack or 3536 motors.

Read more about this resource...
Hi Apple Pie, I'm nearing the finishing stages on skinning the fuselage. I found the F-13 skin on the rear section of the fuselage, the skin which goes over the wing hatch and the bomb bay doors are missing. Also is there parts to make the tail gun cone and upper turret? It's a beautiful plane and a real joy to work on something as large as this.

speedy7385

I ran into a delima again. I got the fuselage nearly all skinned except that there is no Skin F-13 and the skin that goes over the wing hatch? I didn't see the tail turret nor the upper turret.
I have the Turnigy motor of the same size as yours in the Master Series Spitfire 40A ESC and 11x7.5 APC on 4S, don't have a battery for that yet. I have 2 1550 4S which I plan to run with.

jahatton

Yes those pieces are missing on the plan. I just cut out a piece trial & error to make it fit.
I will try cutting a piece out of clear plastic then use that to cut the foam board. Where is the CG located? Also found a foam block form packing that will work for the tail gun cone. Also looking for anything that will resemble a turret.

speedy7385

I will try cutting a piece out of clear plastic then use that to cut the foam board. Where is the CG located? Also found a foam block form packing that will work for the tail gun cone. Also looking for anything that will resemble a turret.
Sorry, I didn't mark my CG after the flights. I just use 25% - 33% rule. And it flew good.

jahatton

Very nice, will be flying in no time.
In your wing nacelles how far forward did you put your wood for the landing gear mechanism? Did you go from the rear bulkhead to the firewall? I would imagine the wood should be at least 2 behind the retract.
The spars in the wing had been cut down the middle on a band saw. I want the wing to be strong but as light as possible. Built a 13th Sqd DC-3 and had to use several wooden stir sticks for reinforcing the center section and the retract areas. In the end the wing alone weights almost 500g.

Attachments

• IMG_5573.JPG
    IMG_5573.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

speedy7385

In your wing nacelles how far forward did you put your wood for the landing gear mechanism? Did you go from the rear bulkhead to the firewall? I would imagine the wood should be at least 2 behind the retract.
The spars in the wing had been cut down the middle on a band saw. I want the wing to be strong but as light as possible. Built a 13th Sqd DC-3 and had to use several wooden stir sticks for reinforcing the center section and the retract areas. In the end the wing alone weights almost 500g.

If you scroll back a page. I had a picture of my retract setup. Maybe that can help.