Arado E.555 - Germany's 'Amerika Bomber'

JollyolBrits

Good Evening!

I am intending to start construction of a foamboard Arado E.555, a German concept for a six-engined nuclear bomber/long range bomber aircraft.

It is intended to have a 50-60 inch wingspan, and be powered by 2 pusher propellers. Naturally I shall include a bomb bay of some sort;)

As a 'Luft46' aircraft, this was never built or flown, but only got to the wind-tunnel testing stage. I have also entered the build into this years Flite Test Build competition, for WWII warbirds that never saw service/never got shot at.

I shall post a reference image below

Cheers Chaps and Chapettes!

JollyOlBrit arado e555.jpg

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Wow I have never seen nor heard of that aircraft. I like the way that looks. Will be goole fu fighting to dig up some stuff to check out for sure.

JollyolBrits

Initial SketchUp designing

Here is an initial design screenshot taken from my SketchUp account. The model shown has a wingspan of 6' 4" currently, but will be scaled to size before plans are created

arado e555 sketchup 1.png

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
The more German engineering I see the more I think a divine hand helped the Allies win. I'm just saying, wow, looks very advanced for the time.

JollyolBrits

Initial Chuck Glider Prototyping

Good Afternoon!

I have spent the morning developing two prototypes- the octagonal fuselage, at full scale, that I intend to use in the full design. The second is a chuck glider model of the Arado.

What cheer from GB,

JollyOlBrit

fuselage section.jpg

arado e555 chuck glider.jpg

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Very cool project! I love how this challenge is bringing all kinds of weird aircraft out of the history books :)

JollyolBrits

Basic Plan Ready

Evening All,

Just completed basic plans for the model on sketchup. Naturally they are incredibly basic, no slot holes for the spar or fixing the fuselage pod to the wing or anything, but a rudimentary idea of how it will look in plan form.

More soon, hopefully

Cheers,

JollyOlBrit

initial basic plans for e 555.png

JollyolBrits

Still working on final design plans and 3D print files. The current plan is to make the wing section a flying wing design, and then the cockpit, gunners positions, and engines will all be 3D printed, and attached to the wing. Simultaneously, I have three bits of coursework on the go, amounting to somewhere in the region of 15,000 words. So I intend to get some work done on the Arado this week (its half term over here in the UK)

Toodle-ooh

JollyOlBrit

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
That sounds very cool!

Make sure to get the course work under control first of course, but I'm very excited to see what this looks like in the air! :)

Good Evening!

I am intending to start construction of a foamboard Arado E.555, a German concept for a six-engined nuclear bomber/long range bomber aircraft.

This is a great projekt and i think that another guy in the forum also builds this plane with onely one EDF.

Another think i wanted to say it that the germans in WW2 had no nuclear weapons!
The Americans build the first nuclear weapons to the end of WW2, not the germans.:p

Well as you said it was a concept but i just wanted to say it ;) .

Have a nice day!
Jetcrafter2000