Arduino Head tracker

Fallegon

If your talking profiles. There are quite a few parameters. Trims, angle limit, servo reverse, servo limiter, and few more I cant remember off the top of my head.

Fallegon

No but its 80 dollars and pretty hard to find. Im finally moved into my new home and will be continuing to finalize this project.

Ani

**** Update ****

So Im not dead, but I am in a situatuon right now where I cant build airplanes. So I have been working on refining and finishing this head tracker.

The motion is smoother than before and will not bug when position reseting. There is now an interface that allows you to switch between 8 different profiles in the field that you can customize on the desktop. I will be making a video explaining how to build and use later.
View attachment 160992
Do you have the video posted on YouTube????or else where can I find it

JustPlaneChris

Coincidentally, I ran across a YT video that shows how to make an Arduino-based head tracker for less than $30! I definitely want to try this:

Silab

Not sure how many people would be interested in this, but Im making it for myself anyway and Ill just share the project. This is an arduino nana with a mpu6050 board hooked up to a 3.5 mm female that outputs a ppm code for (Im assuming any mono jack buddy box system. Im using spektrum) my transmitter. I have fatsharks hdo, dont think it matters, but Iv hijacked the battery leads into a 5v regulator and maintained a 7.4v out back to the goggles. It works really well and when im done priting the case Ill upload everything.
index.php
I just want to ask if you have a detailed instructions or video explanation for building this project such as schematic diagram and code? I've been looking for a simple Arduino build for Head tracking and this, so far, is the best and most suited for my current situation. I'm just a beginner when it comes to this and this will be a huge help for me. Thank you!

cdfigueredo

Elite member
I finished mine yesterday. A design based on the MOTIONSIC FPV PAN & TILT BADASS GIMBAL

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-09-20 at 11.36.05 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-09-20 at 11.36.05 PM.jpeg
    28.5 KB · Views: 0
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-09-20 at 11.36.11 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-09-20 at 11.36.11 PM.jpeg
    28.8 KB · Views: 0

speedy7385

I just want to ask if you have a detailed instructions or video explanation for building this project such as schematic diagram and code? I've been looking for a simple Arduino build for Head tracking and this, so far, is the best and most suited for my current situation. I'm just a beginner when it comes to this and this will be a huge help for me. Thank you!

Yes, if you follow the Painless360 youtube video, he linked to the github with all the parts, codes and schematic to build one.
I built one myself and it works great. And there were plenty of pan and tilt units that you can find to fit your need from Thingiverse.