• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

arduino

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Mentor
Mitch,

Welcome to the forum!

There are several here with experience on multiwii (mostly pre-assembled board, but a home-brew DIY'er or two). What's your question?

Jnr Kuzi

Hi Mich, im glad to see another arduino fan here. But before i can start to Help, i would like to know exactly what you need. So please kindly answer these questions.

01 - how well do you understand arduino & can you use it?
02. - what type of multi rotor are you planing to Use arduino on?
03 - what is the trouble you are Facing?

Mich

i have don some projects with arduino i have some experience with basic c, c++ and c# and arduino IDE
my build is a tricopter.
at the moment i am using a 3 ch radio.
my problem is how to proces the data i get from the receiver and the gyro?

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Mentor
So you're trying to write the firmware from scratch?

Are you familiar with Multiwii in detail? It's a *large* arduino sketch that implements a fairly solid set of control loops. If you want to see "how others have done it", crack open the source -- that's the best place to look.

If you've got a specific question about how is "X" done in multiwii, there are a few people here (myself included) who can help you understand the code that exists.

As for how to process the data from a sensor, that's never a simple question, and the simple answer is vague:

- You receive the data at your designed rate across a data channel you've designed
- You do mumbo-jumbo magic processing (and as little as you have to) depending on the nature of the data and the information you need to extract
- You use the extracted information to do something.

You'll either need to get more specific, or open that source and take a look at what they do to get into the nuts-and-bolts of the work.