Are there any dimensioned plans for FT Planes?

Hi, I'm new to building and flying R/C and have had some wonderful disappointments (crashes). The FT plans are great and I really appreciate the fact they are free to download, in full and tiled (this helps a lot since I have retired I no longer have access to my large format plotter, man I miss that.)

However after a lifetime of drafting and engineering I still get nervous when I don't have full dimensions on any technical drawings. Are there any such plans available?

Thanks

Bill Scott

Revere

Sounds more like he wants engineering style plan with dimension and angle marked for each edge.

Tater76

I agree, that wingspan and other measurements would be nice. I have had to guess a few times when lining up tiles, that is before I started using Adobe Reader with cut marks. I built a versa wing that came out horribly lop sided lol, and measurements would have helped.

TEAJR66

Flite is good
Mentor
You can use the measure tool in Adobe Reader to get the lengths and angle's. You can use the Add Text feature to make notes. If you wanted to, you could produce a set of plans with whatever markups you wanted.

In the end, it feels easier to me to tile and tape the plans. But, to each his own. What ever works.

CrashRecovery

I'm a care bear...Really?
Mentor
There really isn't a science to putting these plans together. Easiest way is to simply line up the printed page breaks and make sure the lines on the plans line up. The only other option is to spend the 5 bucks and have staples print it for you

TEAJR66

Flite is good
Mentor
As far as lining up the tiled plans, a big window helps. Assembling the tiles on a large window or glass door lets the light shine through the paper and makes lining everything up pretty easy.

JAG

The plans with the square grid makes lining them up easy. But the FT Racer plans have no grid. It makes lining them up a little difficult and caused me to have one side of the wing longer than the other.

Timmy P

I agree, that wingspan and other measurements would be nice. I have had to guess a few times when lining up tiles, that is before I started using Adobe Reader with cut marks. I built a versa wing that came out horribly lop sided lol, and measurements would have helped.

Hey for future builds to keep things symmetrical you can just use one wing template and flip it over for the other wing. It takes time out of taping the other wing tiles.. And less templates to keep track of.

Tater76

I find myself being more critical than I need to be when putting the tiles together. Maybe it's my ocd kicking in lol.

My biggest issue was during the first few builds when I knew nothing about using Adobe to tile with cut marks. Lining everything up was tedious, and there was too much guesswork. After I built the Versa with one seriously wonky wing lol, I searched the forums for answers. I quickly realized that I was not using common sense (mirroring the wings), or Adobe reader. Every build since using it has come out perfect, and having those little x's to line up relieves that nagging ocd itch lol.

RAM

Posted a thousand or more times
As far as lining up the tiled plans, a big window helps. Assembling the tiles on a large window or glass door lets the light shine through the paper and makes lining everything up pretty easy.

That's a great tip.