Are there any goggles with wide IPD?

x0054

Hi all,

I have been flying with my modified FatShark Teleporter goggles and a 7 inch screen. The FatSharks I got used, cut apart, and glued together to fit my big head. But now I want a nice set of goggles, but I can't find any that support 73mm IPD. I suppose it's reasonable, as it is the 98th percentile, or something like that. I looked at the Headplay goggles and tried them at one of the FPV races. They fit me really well, and I love the quality. But I don't much care for the size though :(

Are there any goggles that would fit well people with big heads. Alternatively, does anyone know where I could get those tiny HD displays. I know my Panasonic video camera uses one that's super high res, and considering that the entire camera is $500ish, the display couldn't be all that much. Maybe I could use 2 displays mounted in some ski goggles to make a custom set.

- Bogdan

73mm

I'm in the same boat. I'm waiting for the Aomway Commander V2 "production version" to be released/reviewed. It is max IPD 72mm. Not quite what is required for my situation, but much better than 69mm which is uncomfortably insufficient.

I would love to hear from the community what solutions have evolved for this problem. I suppose whipping out the rotary cutting wheel and making a stretch mod to a set might be an option. The idea of paying $400 for something just to chop it in half is daunting, lol.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Currently as far as I am aware of is that goggles that actually do have IPD adjustments are based on a 63 mm average. The widest I am aware of is only 73 mm for actual goggle types and not the box type. There are videos on YT showing how to widen them at your own risk as it does void the warranties. (nothing says you can't order a replacement case and mod that keeping the original as is in case that is needed at a later date.)

On a bright note. The newest Fatsharks out have caused enough stir to put the fear of God in Fatshark designers that it is time to start looking into what their customer base is saying is wanted AND needed. Wider IPD spacing as well as the form of the face area is high on the list for unaddressed issues. Rotor Riot recently did an episode of unrestricted in regards to the new goggles. Yes its a TON of hype and product touting but there were some really good points addressed and they may have got one of the head Fatshark people to open his eyes. I think he learned that the name alone can no longer support them and they have to get back to what is wanted and needed or they lose that king of the hill status.