Solved Are these connectors too small?

Hi,

I have bought some bullet connectors for my motor and ESC but I'm wondering if they are too small
I have had an XT60 connector on my 3D printer melt because it had a high resistance and I don't want
anything like that happening again I have attached a photo below of the connectors and a pencil for scale.

Also I have a Turnigy plush 30a ESC and I was coing to pair it with this battery: https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy...304&indexName=hbk_live_magento_en_us_products
But there are some 3 cells that say they are 30c but this one says 40c what does this mean and will this battery work with my ESC?

Also on the Internet it says my motor is 1400kv but on the motor it says 1000kv but the model numbers are the same is this ok?

Thanks
Bullet connector.jpg

Last edited:
To fly, yes, I fly many of my planes with 800-1000 Kv motors. It a great range for trainer planes & 3D planes. If you want to fly fast, get a higher Kv motor, 1800 or higher. 1400 is a compromise between flying fast and slow.
Thanks, I have two more questions, If I have a 30A ESC will that barrel 30A into my motor at full throttle or will the motor only take what it needs also I baught 8x6 props thinking the motor would be 1400kv but since the moter is actually 1000kv am I going to have to buy a smaller prop or is the 8x6 ok?

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
Thanks, I have two more questions, If I have a 30A ESC will that barrel 30A into my motor at full throttle or will the motor only take what it needs also I baught 8x6 props thinking the motor would be 1400kv but since the moter is actually 1000kv am I going to have to buy a smaller prop or is the 8x6 ok?
The amp rating on everything, motor, ESC & battery, are the do not exceed number, using less amps is fine.

The 8x6 props should be fine. If anything the 1000 Kv motor will take a larger prop.

As you increase the prop diameter or pitch or RPM, the prop pulls harder, it draws more amps. If you increase one of those 3, you should decrease one of the remaining 2, to keep the amp draw the same.

Kv is the RPM per volt, so the 1000 Kv will spin slower than the 1400, leavening room to increase the diameter of the prop.