Are Tri or Quads easy to fly?

crunchymonkey

Are they easier than a hell?
would like to get my go pro up in the air but unsure if i should try this path.

Thanks from a nervous newbie.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
They're harder to fly than a coax helicopter, but easier to fly than a collective pitch.

They're pretty similar to a fix pitched helicopter.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
The best thing about the tricopters, is that unlike a CP helicopter, usually a bad landing doesn't do any harm.

If you've seen my videos, you'll see me drop it into bushes, run into trees, and often with little or no damage.

You touch the tip of a CP helicopter's blade to anything but air, you're rebuilding it.

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
I've never been into helis, but wanted to see what quads were like, so I got myself a v929 (BNF) from Banggood for around $35 delivered. I reckon they're a great little quad for learning the ropes on. I've crashed mine a million times and never even broken a prop. They're also a good balance between aerobatic and stable, so your good flying will be rewarded and your bad flying will get you lots of leaf flutters or crashes.

EDIT: Oh, and of course they're super cheap, so learning to fly on one is a much better option than investing lots of money in a multirotor only to seriously damage it or find you don't like flying them.

Last edited: