Arsenal VG-33 C1

Fluburtur

Cardboard Boy
Oh boy, I did get some work done in the last few days!
DSC_9373.JPG

That nose part alone took 7 hours to print lmao, tomorrow I will probably try to get the spinner and the lower body parts done (the ones that hold the wings) I will also need to work on the internal structure and I can feel it will be hell.

I will also need to order the actual motor, prop and ESC for this plane. Will be a triblade 11x6 prop for scale looks on a 900kv motor, should give decent performances on 3s.

Fluburtur

Cardboard Boy
About 175 grams with the motor and propeller on it so far, I guess the whole airframe will be around 500 to 700 grams then? If that's the case then it is not too bad.

I also got the scale spinner done!
DSC_9374.JPG

I will need to re-print another one for the triblades prop but those don't take long to print at least.

Last edited:

Fluburtur

Cardboard Boy
I printed most of the elevators and horizontal stabs. I designed the tail so all the control horns and wires and stuff will be hidden inside the fuselage so it looks better!
DSC_9379.JPG

I say most because it misses the wire guide, the tail will use a pull/pull system for controls to have the servos in the front. The tail only weights 68 grams so far so I guess that's good, also it took forever to print.

I only realised the control horn is backward in this pic.

Fluburtur

Cardboard Boy
I only have 4 big parts left to print and it will take like a day but after that the airframe of the plane will be complete.
I also did some CG analysis in the CAD program to see how it is and it's not too bad.

CG.png

Btw would anyone be interested in having the stl files? You can pretty much print the whole plane and you just need to wire cut the wings, I could need to re-design some stuff but it would work otherwise.

Also I created this plane with the intent of selling kits so how much would you think is a good price for a handmade fiberglass plane of 1.2 or 2 meters, either electric or gas engine. Im planing on selling 3 version, pure kit straight out of the mold, semi assembled and fully assembled, equipped and painted.

I might start to order fiberglass and epoxy resin soon and making molds too so I need to know.

Fluburtur

Cardboard Boy
The 3d printing is done!
DSC_9386.JPG

DSC_9387.JPG

The airframe itself is very light but I haven't put on the tail yet, at least weight won't be an issue. Now I just need to wait for the electronics to get there so I can finish it.

Fluburtur

Cardboard Boy
I just received the electronics this morning so I finished putting together the plane.
DSC_9396.JPG

DSC_9399.JPG

Motor and tail controls are installed and working properly, I just have to do the wings now.

I also ran the motor a bit to see and it is scary.

Fluburtur

Cardboard Boy
The plane is finished!
DSC_9409.JPG

I just finished putting the battery holder in and gluing the wings, btw uhu por seems to work really well with PLA.

I had to put quite a lot of weight in the nose to get the balance right but that was to be expected with a warbirds, the completed aircraft weights at 1.2kg which is a bit over my goal but it should still fly just fine, now I will have to reduce the controls to acceptable level and maybe tune in the thrust angle. I added a tiny metal ring under some screws so the motor is pointing a bit to the right but I don't know if it will be enough.

Anyways, I should be able to maiden it this week!

DMC RC

DMC RC
looks incredible! I Cant wait for the maiden

Do you plan on painting one, that would look awesome because of how scale the 3d print looks... Im literally drooling right now. If I could I would get right back to work on my mini VG after seeing this.

Great work. o_O

Fluburtur

Cardboard Boy
And it flies!

I will have to fly it some more on calm days to tweak the settings but it flies just fine, just a bit touchy. Maybe I will paint it too.

Also I started looking into starting my business of selling planes so I made a poll for peoples to fill, it is also in my signature.
My friend also made a nice looking website, it is a bit empty for now but we will work on that.

Last edited:

Fluburtur

Cardboard Boy
Thanks, the Jeep belongs to my uncle. His hobby is to restore old vehicles so that's quite cool as well, and a ride in the Jeep is always nice.

Fluburtur

Cardboard Boy
I have flown it again in calm weather and I got to really see how it flies, very docile with the right settings and rather slow, I would almost call it a warbird trainer at this point. I tried to do a few rolls, using ailerons alone won't work but if you give it some rudder it does very nice rolls that track perfectly, no wag or anything!
I also had a "premature landing" which unglued the tail without any damage but finished off the nose which was already damaged so im printing a new one with built in thrust angle.
DSC_9429.MOV.Image fixe002.png

DSC_9429.MOV.Image fixe005.png

DSC_9429.MOV.Image fixe007.png

was a nice cartwheel!

Also I started working again on the 3d printed retracts, it was about time!
Im trying a new approach that should be more compact and much simpler than the geneva drive based one but still work as nice, also if I do it right it should be customizable for custom angles. I will keep you informed on that.