Article review times...

RedTwenty

Hello :D

I was just wondering how long, on average, it takes for a submitted article to be reviewed and approved/rejected.

I only ask because I've already deleted one that was pending because I felt it had waited too long and now I have another that has been pending since October 30. I've seen other articles appear with post dates after mine so not sure what I'm doing wrong.

I know you are ridiculously busy and this is only a query, not a dig or complaint.

Keep up the good work.
RedTwenty

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Hello :D

I was just wondering how long, on average, it takes for a submitted article to be reviewed and approved/rejected.

I only ask because I've already deleted one that was pending because I felt it had waited too long and now I have another that has been pending since October 30. I've seen other articles appear with post dates after mine so not sure what I'm doing wrong.

I know you are ridiculously busy and this is only a query, not a dig or complaint.

Keep up the good work.
RedTwenty

Red,

There are some authors that are pre-approved -- their articles go live as soon as they hit submit -- that status is totally up to FT's discretion, and other than quality and quantity, I don't know their criteria.

Otherwise, it's waiting on someone to manually review and approve, and they're busy guys, and no telling what the current backlog looks like. you could bug them about it, but unless it's a really impressive article (who am I to say? I haven't seen it ;) ), distracting them won't get them to review/approve it sooner.

In the mean time, you *could* publish it over here *now* by opening a thread. The audience also isn't as passive -- you'll likely get a lot more interaction, questions, and comments.

Either way, Welcome to the forum! hope you find good reason to hang around here for a while . . .

rcspaceflight

creator of virtual planes
As far as I know it is extremely rare for Flite Test to not approve an article.

When I first started writing articles back in April of this year, I think, it would take about 2 days for articles to be published. Since then I have reached the status that Dan talked about where when I click the "Publish" button, my article is published instantly. So I don't know what the wait is now, but I've noticed a big upswing in the amount of articles that are being published. I think it doubled in the past few months. Plus Flite Test is a lot busier now than they were back in April. With their Podcast, more products available in their store, their beginner series, plus their other episode a week they are doing.

I just don't think they have as much time in a day to approve articles. Lately it's been looking like they do a dump of a bunch of articles twice a week.

You shouldn't have deleted that first article, you just needed to give it time. Since it's the weekend, the one you send out to be approved on the 30th will probably be published mid-Monday.

I think the current average for an article to be approved is about 4 days.

RedTwenty

Thanks for the replies. Like I said, it was more of a general query rather than a complaint as I know the guys are really busy and there is no hurry on my part. The only reason I asked was because my previous article (and first) was published within 12 hours of me writing it. I must just have gotten lucky with the timing!

I'll keep it up there and see how long it takes then report back so we can establish a new average.

Cheers,
Mike

RoyBro

Mentor
Nice article and video. Short and sweet and relevant. Nice flying and camera work, by the way.

fablabasturias

Anyone having very long review times again? It's been more than a month since I submitted one article, and I got no reply if it's ok or not, so I think I'll do as sugested here and publish it on the forum :p

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
The guys have been extremely busy lately with all the fests and events. It's not surprising that there is more lead time now.

rcspaceflight

creator of virtual planes
Anyone having very long review times again? It's been more than a month since I submitted one article, and I got no reply if it's ok or not, so I think I'll do as sugested here and publish it on the forum :p

The forums are better. Post a new thread with the contents of the article. :) Admittedly the forum isn't seen by as many people as the articles, but you can always have it posted in both places. Lately I've been starting projects in the forum and then when I'm done I put everything together into one neat little package that is an article.