Artile Approval

fretsman

Hey guys. Just a quick question.

Can anyone tell me the average time for articles to get approved? I imagine they get tons of articles every day and looking over them all must be a huge task but I was just wondering since I posted my first article a couple days ago.

Thanks
Jose

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Maybe it does not meet approval requirements - this is uncommon though.

Just be patient, Chad likes to do the approval little by little to keep the article flow going.

RoyBro

Mentor
I heard or read somewhere that after you published X number of articles that you are able to bypass the approval process.

Does anyone know the specifics? And whether this is actually the case?

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
It is the case but I do not know details beyond that. IIRC Chad mentioned it in one of the response episodes...

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
I heard or read somewhere that after you published X number of articles that you are able to bypass the approval process.

Does anyone know the specifics? And whether this is actually the case?

When Chad makes you an author. I was made an author upon publishing my first article, since it might have been one of the better articles at that time.

fretsman

Maybe it does not meet approval requirements - this is uncommon though.

Just be patient, Chad likes to do the approval little by little to keep the article flow going.

Thanks for the reply... My article is really just a video of me talking about and flying my FT Duster scratch build and thanking the FT crew and community for the inspiration and tools to build it. I also linked the parts I used to build it (all parts recommended from FliteTest). Not sure now if linking the parts may not be allowed?

I looked around but could not find where they list the "approval requirements" or "article rules". Is there a place where they list them? I would hate to be breaking the rules and not know I am breaking them... LOL

Most likely Chad is swamped right now and it will be approved soon.

Thanks again...
Jose

Johan

I noticed the articles show up in batches, this in in line with the crew being busy (allocating specific time to have a look at the articles) and keep a steady flow going ...

Just be patient, for me it took a few days as well, It'll come :)

fretsman

I noticed the articles show up in batches, this in in line with the crew being busy (allocating specific time to have a look at the articles) and keep a steady flow going ...

Just be patient, for me it took a few days as well, It'll come :)

Makes perfect sense... Thanks for the reply :)

rcspaceflight

creator of virtual planes
Yeah, usually on a Monday there will be a bunch of articles approved in the morning. It seems like it's when they have time to okay them.

Having links to parts isn't an issue. People do that all the time. You probably didn't do anything wrong, it just can take 2-3 days before it's approved.

I don't even know what is involved in "okaying" an article. I think they mostly just see if it's spam or not. You'd think they wouldn't allow swearing, but I've seen a few videos that were published in articles that had swearing. Then again, I'm sure they don't actually watch any of the videos. Just a quick skim of the content.

I don't know what the set amount of published articles are before you bypass the wait. All I know is that I personally bypassed it and when I click "Publish" it is instantly up on the site. I want to say it was like, 6-8 articles. I generally try to use this to my advantage and get articles up on the site when there aren't any other one's being published. Not so mine get more attention, but so it's a more steady flow of articles.

fretsman

Yeah, usually on a Monday there will be a bunch of articles approved in the morning. It seems like it's when they have time to okay them.

Having links to parts isn't an issue. People do that all the time. You probably didn't do anything wrong, it just can take 2-3 days before it's approved.

I don't even know what is involved in "okaying" an article. I think they mostly just see if it's spam or not. You'd think they wouldn't allow swearing, but I've seen a few videos that were published in articles that had swearing. Then again, I'm sure they don't actually watch any of the videos. Just a quick skim of the content.

I don't know what the set amount of published articles are before you bypass the wait. All I know is that I personally bypassed it and when I click "Publish" it is instantly up on the site. I want to say it was like, 6-8 articles. I generally try to use this to my advantage and get articles up on the site when there aren't any other one's being published. Not so mine get more attention, but so it's a more steady flow of articles.

Thanks for the reply. You were right. It just took a few days.
Jose