Ask and get ANSWERED.

Brian fred carr

Site Moderator
Mentor
I do apologies for asking a facetious and sarcastic question but i think are man SkySlayer
did set himself up to be shot down. Although fair enough he has answered the questions asked
but this is an RC forum so lets all.....keep flying

fred0000

I agree with you fred. On any of the other forums I'm on this thread would have been moved to the chit chat section and nothing serious would come from it.

Fishbonez

It was all done in jest I for one could not help myself. However I think there is a world wide coverup on the technology to invent a coffee maker that does not produce grounds. Just something to make you go hmmm

SkySlayer

ARC=Almost Ready to Crash
helicopters to easy, thats interesting. do you still fly helicopters though? got any video.
Well i would fly still and no i don't have footage because i took apart my heli to supply my plane with the correct parts and i realized it is not a good idea to fly upside down with a normal heli as apposed to a 3D.

SkySlayer

I will get 00C(C=Coffee)to find out wats going on in the coffee world...(back round music...Da na naa naaaaaaaaa naaa...)

fred0000

you tried to fly FP heli inverted? an "expert" heli pilot as you claim to be should have known it wouldn't work.

question, are you a 3D heli pilot? you did say helis were far to easy. but now we are getting contradicting information.

TECH GEEK

Hi i'm fairly new to R/C flight, and want to get a Hobbyking Ventus to be used as a trainer. Is this a good idea if I disable the ailerons, flaps & landing gear until I get more experience? The reason I want this plane is so when I get enough flight time I can enable some of the more advanced features.

Also is there a max weight I can put on the ventus? Thinking about a live FPV camera/system.

SkySlayer

you tried to fly FP heli inverted? an "expert" heli pilot as you claim to be should have known it wouldn't work.

question, are you a 3D heli pilot? you did say helis were far to easy. but now we are getting contradicting information.
Yes im a 3D heli pilot i dnt have a 3D heli but i fly my uncles and my Fixed Pitch, yes i knw it wasnt gna sudenly become 3D but i was bored and i was doing low manuvours and ya the inverted didnt work but i was hopen to roll out quick enough.

SkySlayer

Hi i'm fairly new to R/C flight, and want to get a Hobbyking Ventus to be used as a trainer. Is this a good idea if I disable the ailerons, flaps & landing gear until I get more experience? The reason I want this plane is so when I get enough flight time I can enable some of the more advanced features.

Also is there a max weight I can put on the ventus? Thinking about a live FPV camera/system.

Well now what i wud do if i was you is not disable everything because then u could become to accustomed to the way it is and ive flown 1 and it can take a blow and the prop saves its self so i supose u dont need landing gear, I think a FPV can go on as long as u fly it at around 10am-3pm for best thermal activity and for a first flight dont use the FPV it will confuse u badly and if it starts spiraling well my one friend Threw up.

Cyberspy

Hi SkySlayer, got a newb question for you.

I'm left handed and I'm wondering how this will factor in to which radios I can use. Are there left and right handed transmitters or are there ones that can be converted easily? Back in the 80's I had a couple of RC cars, a Grasshopper and an RC10. I found that when I changed the sticks around on the radio. (i had to open the back up to do this) I felt more comfortable driving them. Later I got a left handed pistol grip. This was great but not easy to find. Because not every radio had a southpaw version.

So, what does a lefty need to know when shopping for radios?

Thanks and 73's.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor

I'm left handed and I'm wondering how this will factor in to which radios I can use. Are there left and right handed transmitters or are there ones that can be converted easily? Back in the 80's I had a couple of RC cars, a Grasshopper and an RC10. I found that when I changed the sticks around on the radio. (i had to open the back up to do this) I felt more comfortable driving them. Later I got a left handed pistol grip. This was great but not easy to find. Because not every radio had a southpaw version.

Thanks and 73's.

What you need to know is that some radios (I think the Turnigy 9X) can be reconfigured by software and hardware to fit your needs - but if you borrow a different controller you'll be stuck.

Other than that it depends on where you are located.

squishyp38

my question: WHY DONT YOU PAY MORE ATTENTION TO THE "SAY HI!" THREAD!?!? Acknowledge that someone new is here and at least say hi! Some impatient noobs (not me) might get discouraged by no responses and think that noobs are not welcome here!

teflyer

Full Circle
You do not need to take much offense if no one responds. Either just wait for a little while or assume that there is not much to say except "hi" and that doing so makes it start to get repetitive and does not seem to have much value anymore and makes it seem as if you are filling your post numbers by saying hi to all the people who come here, at least in my opinion. I know that it would be nice if someone did that, but oh well. And also welcome to the forum:D!

Try not to always expect a response for every post you make. Personally, I have had quite a bit of posts without response. It hurts a little at first because, as you mentioned, it seems that no one wants you. But after a while, you should see that everyone is valued in this forum.

Every member is significant in his or her way.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
my question: WHY DONT YOU PAY MORE ATTENTION TO THE "SAY HI!" THREAD!?!? Acknowledge that someone new is here and at least say hi! Some impatient noobs (not me) might get discouraged by no responses and think that noobs are not welcome here!

Sorry, squishy. I think I read your post over there. I created the thread when the forum just opened, so I took care of it in the beginning. Then more people started coming in there to reply, so I rarely respond there anymore. But if you say so, I'll take the greetings more seriously :) Thanks for the tip :)

Anyway, now I'll go and say hi!

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
Spend a little time here and you will find this to be the noob friendliest forum on the web. We're all new at something and no one here is afraid to ask or answer questions.

Fishbonez

Well all tha say Hi stuff threw me for a loop (pun intended) I just assume that in a forumn atmoshere that "hello is assumed" :confused: So anyway I dont say hi, In Wyoming I think we a tip our hats or maybe we give the ole "sup" head nod I dunna know have to give it some more thought. (Yes I am being sarcastic) :cool:

Thanks and 73's.
What about flying in Mode 1. I am not left handed but maybe that is an option out there. I think this is a good question. I unfortunatly do no have a better answer. Anyone else???

glydr

How many letters do we ge
Possibly the best option as on M2 the primary controls are on the right stick.

G
Biased M1 pilot