Ask and get ANSWERED.

earthsciteach

I don't own a Spektrum transmitter, but I am fairly certain that, if it doesn't say DSM2, it will not be compatible with that receiver. I am certain that a DSM TX won't communicate with a DSM2 RX. Have you searched for DSM receivers? I am skeptical about their availability.

Carbon

Elemental Madness
ok, so It says on the box Modulation: DSM2 and DSMX. So apearently my controller is outdated?

earthsciteach

Your TX box says, "Modulation: DSM2 and DSMX?" If that is the case, it is not outdated.

Where did you buy your TX? How old is it?

earthsciteach

Unless someone else chimes in, I think your best bet is to contact Spektrum with the model number and ask them about compatibility.

chineseheli

hi,

i just bought a Emax GT2815 / 07 motor, it was added in my cart accidently and now i own it, its heavy 150g motor with 1800g trust, how can i utilize that, what parts i need and from where so the setup is cheap but effective. it will be helpful if you give me exact urls of parts to buy, i dont own any transmitter so please if you can tell me a cheap startup transmitter that can work.

SkySlayer

ARC=Almost Ready to Crash
hi,

i just bought a Emax GT2815 / 07 motor, it was added in my cart accidently and now i own it, its heavy 150g motor with 1800g trust, how can i utilize that, what parts i need and from where so the setup is cheap but effective. it will be helpful if you give me exact urls of parts to buy, i dont own any transmitter so please if you can tell me a cheap startup transmitter that can work.
What is your budget and what do you have so far apart from the motor(nice motor by the way)And how experienced are you?

Last edited:

beatnik1967

delta wing question

My first plane was a super cub. crashed dozens of time but can't fix it anymore. I have a 700kv motor and 1047 prop. I have also a hot wire foam cutter to start making wings. Question is, will I be able to use this motor to push a wing. I realize I wouldn't be able to do the the same stunt as with a 2500kv motor but unfortunately I have a budget. also I am wondering if you could tell me how big tmake the wing with a slow pusher motor like mine.

Thanks in advance for the advice!

Beatnik

SkySlayer

My first plane was a super cub. crashed dozens of time but can't fix it anymore. I have a 700kv motor and 1047 prop. I have also a hot wire foam cutter to start making wings. Question is, will I be able to use this motor to push a wing. I realize I wouldn't be able to do the the same stunt as with a 2500kv motor but unfortunately I have a budget. also I am wondering if you could tell me how big tmake the wing with a slow pusher motor like mine.

Thanks in advance for the advice!

Beatnik

Hi beatnik,
My advise to you is to make your wing 120cm(47.25in)L x 25-30cm(9.85-11.8in)B

PaulT

Mentor
Get the specs from your last plane (weight, wing load etc) and the specs on your particular motor including it's weight.
From there you should be able to figure out some close parameters for your wing.
As you have said, it won't perform as well as a higher KV motor but it will at least give you a starting point.
After that, you could also upgrade your power later to improve performance.
Without more information it would be complete guess work as to size and weight to make your wing.

Astroman

I have a Turnigy 2839-2800kv EDF motor and a 6 blade EDF 70mm Fan, would this combo work on a 1kg-1.5kg model and what ESC would I need, I tried using a 45amp ESC but it maxed out at 3/4 throttle.... If these will not work together, what would work with a)the motor and b) the EDF fan....

SkySlayer

I have a Turnigy 2839-2800kv EDF motor and a 6 blade EDF 70mm Fan, would this combo work on a 1kg-1.5kg model and what ESC would I need, I tried using a 45amp ESC but it maxed out at 3/4 throttle.... If these will not work together, what would work with a)the motor and b) the EDF fan....

Well the 45A ESC is perfect for that motor and as long as you have a 4s battery you can have around 1.2kg of thrust so with the correct plane it can weigh around 1.75kg and still fly.

Nicholas Love

2000 KV Motor ?

I am building My first Scratch Build Plane/ My 1st RC Plane and I have two motors.
One is perfect for the Nutball/Ft Flyer. My 1st Question is which of the two would be better ? for a 1st time Flyer.

And my other Question is. I have a Second Motor that's a (2000kv 10-12 amp I don't know the grams) and I would like to Build a Second Plane with that one. But I don't see Any Scratch Builds with that big of a Kv. Does Anybody Know of one? I would like it to be more Advanced then the Nutball or the FT Flyer. Any info Would help. thanks

Astroman

Well the 45A ESC is perfect for that motor and as long as you have a 4s battery you can have around 1.2kg of thrust so with the correct plane it can weigh around 1.75kg and still fly.

But why would it be going over 45A while static testing? Wouldn't this be too much for the ESC? see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fiPL17fISo&feature=plcp I am only assuming it would go over 45A on full throttle but wasn't game to push it that far.

SkySlayer

I am building My first Scratch Build Plane/ My 1st RC Plane and I have two motors.
One is perfect for the Nutball/Ft Flyer. My 1st Question is which of the two would be better ? for a 1st time Flyer.

And my other Question is. I have a Second Motor that's a (2000kv 10-12 amp I don't know the grams) and I would like to Build a Second Plane with that one. But I don't see Any Scratch Builds with that big of a Kv. Does Anybody Know of one? I would like it to be more Advanced then the Nutball or the FT Flyer. Any info Would help. thanks

Ok for a first the nutball would win hands down because of ease of build, plans and equipment and very fun to fly and easy.
Here is a plane you could try http://www.nanoplanes.net/shark.html
or http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=620974
or http://mikeysrc.com/P_51_Mustang.html