Ask Josh Scott

earthsciteach

HA! Well, she has come to the set a couple times, but mostly helped out with behind-the-scenes stuff. One of these days i'm going to let her host it in my place, cause she's as smart as a whip and would probably put me to shame as a host. :)

Thumbs up!

earthsciteach

Thumbs up. I love when you can feel the grittiness and realism of American-rooted country and/or bluegrass and/or folk...rather than the some of the more-popular polished country you hear more of today.

I am not a fan of country music, at all. But these guys are so talented. I saw Jeff Tweedy at Mesiah College in PA, along with Sun Volt's drummer who opened for him. First, who would imagine a drummer could be an opening act? This guy is INCREDIBLE! To see him lay down a beat, loop it, then keep layering is amazing. He had all kind of weird sounds mixed in. Definitely a unique talent. Then to hear Jeff Tweedy talk about the previous time he performed at Mesiah... Ooph!

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
HA! Well, she has come to the set a couple times, but mostly helped out with behind-the-scenes stuff. One of these days i'm going to let her host it in my place, cause she's as smart as a whip and would probably put me to shame as a host. :)

Bixler vs Scott vs Vindestal vs Mrs. Scott Host Off 2012 :confused:

Nah, just let everyone go flying for a day and put it on film. I bet it's hilarious. Everyone gets a turn slapping Bixler lol.

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
Make a episode with only the wife from scot and bixler !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now that would be HILARIOUS!!!! Have them dress like the Josh's and do their best imitations of their other halves LMAO:applause:

jelofson

To me, flying an rc plane is awesome. Flying one you made yourself...priceless. Nice work on your plane. I think the exair choice was a good one. Ed's videos are top notch.

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
Well he can pronounce "Solder" in English/Australian/New Zealand "Island Country" Fashion but out west and up top we say it like Bixler does.;)

Thurmond

bmsweb

Site Moderator
Actually to be honest, Australians don't even pronounce it correctly, Most Aussies call it Solda for some reason the er sound becomes an a for us lol

Last edited:

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
There's a theory that today's Australian English is like the cockney English of 200 years ago. Regional differences in accents between states are explained by the different sets of colonials, eg. convicts, free settlers etc.

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
Bahahaha. We'll take over NZ one day... There's already serious talk of currency union and we don't need to get VISAs to go there and vice-versa.

earthsciteach

Did I make a stereotypical American faux pas and mistake a New Zealander for an Aussie? And I even watched every episode of Flight of the Conchords. You'd think I'd be more culturally aware with that kind of background.

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
I work with a couple guys from Australia and I still make those assumptions all the time.

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
Bruce speaks like a New Zealander, whatever his birthplace. Now I've been told that if you assume a Canadian is American they are highly offended (I can pick it 99% of the time) but Americans don't mind being mistaken as Canadians. Is that true?