Ask Josh Scott

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
Canada is like northern Wisconsin :rolleyes: Some speak French but in the Southern U.S. you pretty much have to speak spanish. I don't mind being mistaken for anything, it's really an honest mistake anyway. If I were travelling overseas I'd probably pretend to be Canadian anyway just to get the better treatment. I know several people who just say they're Canadian and they get treated better. People will even talk trash about Americans to them lol. I'm not sure why we're so bad but apparently nobody likes us lol.

Oh wait, I'm from Alaska. Do I even count?

molond13

Actually to be honest, Australians don't even pronounce it correctly, Most Aussies call it Solda for some reason the er sound becomes an a for us lol

For us, dropping the r is part of the accent, but I don't know to any American accent that consistantly drops the L.

For example my name is Darcy but everyone I know, including me, pronounce it Daa-cee instead of the original Irish way of D-arh-cee.

Yon

Josh Scott is cool. And you should let him fly more things, The crashes are the best bit just like any sport/hobby :D

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
Bruce speaks like a New Zealander, whatever his birthplace. Now I've been told that if you assume a Canadian is American they are highly offended (I can pick it 99% of the time) but Americans don't mind being mistaken as Canadians. Is that true?

I am a Texan. No one who heard me speak would make any kind of mistake that I was a Canadian. A! ;)

Yes, Let JS fly the Micro-Quad!

Thurmond

Last edited:

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
Haha, yeah, I think you might be safe from being called Canadian, Thurmond! Mind you, I don't know how you guys can't tell the difference between Australian and New Zealand accents... They're just as different as northern and southern American accents

SteveOBHave

Yeah partly, but also because the UK economy appears to be on the same creek lacking a paddle also (was in London for 7 years before here).

SteveOBHave

God I hope not - I couldn't stand it if it all goes to pot here - at least the weather is vastly better than London...

earthsciteach

So Australia's economy is going strong? Maybe I should move there, too! I'm completely disgusted with the political climate(too many corporate owned, self-serving bastards) here in the US.