Assan ga250 avcs gyro movement problem

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
Usually it would indicate the gain is set too high. If not that then possibly a bad gyro.

Thurmond

Flying

Hmmmmmm would you have any idea how to chain the gain. I just went through the programming sequence again with no luck. I tried to change the servo high and low endpoints with no change.

SunShine

not crazy, just stupid
Hmmmmmm would you have any idea how to chain the gain. I just went through the programming sequence again with no luck. I tried to change the servo high and low endpoints with no change.
If you have a gyro with a transmitter controlled gain, than you have to set the gain on the transmitter, if not than there usually is a screw on the top that sets the gain.
if you tell us what gyro you have, we might be able to help you more.

Edit, im an idiot: i have not looked into the gyro that much, but its clearly a "transmitter setting gyro". on the gyro you have 2 male connectors and 1 female, the one with one yellow wire coming out of it is the "gain channel".
btw, if the gain on the TX is correctly set, have you cheked the wires? they might be damaged and that might cause the gyro to gitter and not move when its supposed to...

Last edited:

Flying

No difference I plugged the gyro gain into throttle and even at different points on throttle it still does the same thing. The only change it makes is switching between the two different gyro modes headlock or the one that follows then centres again. I am going to take the gyro apart and check for cold solders.

glydr

How many letters do we ge
Have you tried it installed as yet... might work out (?)

BTW... JR 2610 FTW!!! I've still got mine!

SunShine

not crazy, just stupid
what Glydr said... gyros are supposed to jitter somewhat, have you tried installing it in a heli and flying it? have you tried to hold the gyro without moving it (by pressing it to the table or something..)?