At least I am learning things..

Zetoyoc

Elite member
I haven't put a plane in the air yet. But that hasn't stopped me from cutting a lot of foam and starting several builds.

Hot glue is hot. And sticky. Wow. I mean duh, but still it is shocking every time.

Also I now have a new appriciation for larger airframes. I just spent about an hour and a half longer than I expected to attempting to install servos into a mighty mini scout. My fingers are HUGE! There is also a reason the build video does not install the wing before the servos. Luckily I hadn't glued it in yet and took it out for the second servo install. I am a bit slow tonight. Hopefully I won't have to learn these lessons too many times but still thrilled to be learning them :) my quick servo install before starting a mini stuka was anything but quick.
small photo.jpg

-J

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Are those the miuzei amazon servos? I use them and they are great. Here’s my mini scout setup. I had them so far back to accommodate my 1500 2s. I know, crazy! Here’s some vid. It’s a bad landing but my excuse is the thick grass! 😂

Zetoyoc

Elite member
It looks like it flies great. looks nice in the air too. Yes, I had a couple builds on hold waiting on servos and just got in a 10 pack of the amazon servos. They seemed like a good deal and i read here that quite a few people use them. They tested fine on the servo tester doodad and I figure they should work as long as the air frame does in my hands at any rate. Hopefully the install into the DR1 goes a bit smoother.
-J

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Yeah, I have like 30 of them and have only had one kinda strip that was on the rudder when I crashed my ft edge on the tail. It would work just fine for a bomb drop or cargo door on the guinea pig so I’ve held onto it. The mini scout is really a fun plane!

basslord1124

Master member
That is one reason I recommend at least watching a build video once before attempting a plane. You'll learn little quick tricks about what to install and in what order.

Zetoyoc

Elite member
That is one reason I recommend at least watching a build video once before attempting a plane. You'll learn little quick tricks about what to install and in what order.
Ha,. That is the funny thing. I had watched the video. Even had it playing next to me while building. It was just that when it got to the servos for that particular plane I didn't have any at the time. I don't remember any specific warming against it and the wing didn't block the access. I just HAD to see what it looked like with the wing in it :) of course now I have a bit more knowledge. If not patience