At the EDGE of the world, we meet.

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
So when are you finishing off the A/F Easy Edge, and maidening it?
For weeks, I've tried every night. I sit at my table and my hands have been shaking too bad to trace the plan to foam. A sharp knife is just a bad idea. ;) I actually made a bit of progress last night. It gave me hope that I'll be able to build again, soon. I'm really hoping for some more progress as early as the next few days. :)

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Yep. I think partially because I'm so afraid to crash it. I set it down nice and easy in the grass and had to cut the cowling up to reglue the motor mount. Every repair is major surgery. Mine also seemed very heavy and underpowered. It seemed like it struggled just to stay airborne. I think I've got the power part solved, but I'm not going to take her out again until I've got more confidence in my flying abilities.
Push the spit to its limits - fly as hard as you can. Then try the edge. The edge is so underpowered imo... I need to buy 4s for it

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I hear a lot of people saying the edge is underpowered and that’s true but for an inexperienced pilot that’s not a bad thing. I can live with my underpowered edge until I feel I can control it 100%.
The edge is fun, and I enjoyed it, but after 15+ flights on it I had it down, and I just was feeling the lack of power. This 2D 3D bipe I’m designing should satisfy😁

Berekiah

The edge is fun, and I enjoyed it, but after 15+ flights on it I had it down, and I just was feeling the lack of power. This 2D 3D bipe I’m designing should satisfy😁

I have found the Edge to be a lot of fun as well and always get a lot of comments on it at the field by fellow club members amazed at what it can do. Perhaps I am blessed to not know what under-powered feels like as I am running mine with a Radial C Motor and 3s 1300 lipo. It seems like it can do everything I have asked it to do. If I ever get a 4s light enough for it I don't know what I would do with myself :) Probably go down in glory and flames :)

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I have found the Edge to be a lot of fun as well and always get a lot of comments on it at the field by fellow club members amazed at what it can do. Perhaps I am blessed to not know what under-powered feels like as I am running mine with a Radial C Motor and 3s 1300 lipo. It seems like it can do everything I have asked it to do. If I ever get a 4s light enough for it I don't know what I would do with myself :) Probably go down in glory and flames :)
You are using a radial motor, which I think makes the difference. I can’t even pull it into a hover without it stalling. Mine might be heavier as well.

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
I think most of us are using a C or equivalent. What prop did you go with?

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I am just using the standard HQ Propeller 10 x 4.5 that comes in their Radial C Power Pack. I think the Radial does make a difference if you are using the older C motors as I can hover just fine and have a full paint job and landing gears extra weight.
I’ll see if I can pick up a radial c pack next time I go to my lhs.

basslord1124

Master member
Just an FYI...I took care of my receiver placement issue. Ended up just adding more extensions to the rudder/elevator and putting the receiver as far forward as I could. It's now sitting right behind the wall on the right side where the motor pod attaches.

I got all the electronics hooked up and got everything going in the correct direction...only had to reverse my ailerons. Just gotta do my landing gear, do a CG balance check, and then do any trim/rate adjustments. Maiden time is not too far away.

basslord1124

Master member
Hoping to do a maiden this Friday or over the weekend. I thought I could try for early this week but it seems like this is the week for appointments and such. So Friday/Saturday/Sunday hopefully.

And to beat all, our weather took a drastic turn. Picked up a little coating of snow last night and temps are gonna drop down to 14 degrees tonight. So hoping for decent warmer weather this weekend too.

mayan

Legendary member
Hoping to do a maiden this Friday or over the weekend. I thought I could try for early this week but it seems like this is the week for appointments and such. So Friday/Saturday/Sunday hopefully.

And to beat all, our weather took a drastic turn. Picked up a little coating of snow last night and temps are gonna drop down to 14 degrees tonight. So hoping for decent warmer weather this weekend too.
Finger crossed :).