Attacked by a P-47

Zetoyoc

Elite member
No chin strap on the bottom of the intake, isn't there a chin strap?
oh there is. I left it out for now. i am looking to see if i can scale up a 3d printed bit i found for the front. if it doesn't work out ill put the original foam bit in

Disregard that, there isn't one, thought there was.

there is a small bit i thought oyu meant that goes inside the cowl

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
oh there is. I left it out for now. i am looking to see if i can scale up a 3d printed bit i found for the front. if it doesn't work out ill put the original foam bit in

there is a small bit i thought oyu meant that goes inside the cowl
Yea but I just looked at the pic on the plans and there wasn't one on there either... huh

What does this 3D printed one look like?

Zetoyoc

Elite member
Yea but I just looked at the pic on the plans and there wasn't one on there either... huh

What does this 3D printed one look like?
i think this was made for a smaller eflite model I hope to play with it some and see what i can use from it.

Capture1.JPG
Capture2.JPG

ZOHIO

Phew chores done, why do I have so many fish tanks to clean.. anyway, time to get this thread caught up with my building today.

The foam was cut. But I still needed the wood for the spars and other bits. 4 stores later o could not find the called for 3/32 ply or any other wood in the dimensions needed so I settled for some 1/8" ply. I tad heavier but stronger . It'll have to do.

I was going to leave it at that
All the parts needed and wait. But then I picked up this.

View attachment 152689

My old glue gun had a broken spring so the trigger wouldn't reset and it took 20min to heat up sufficiently. Ok who was I kidding. This needed to be used and tested on the only plane I had ready. The P-47 was getting built. :)
Can I ask where you bought your supply of glue sticks from? I can’t seem to find any of that size around where I live...

Zetoyoc

Elite member
Can I ask where you bought your supply of glue sticks from? I can’t seem to find any of that size around where I live...
the glue sticks are from home depot. nice big box for about $20 i think it was. it is arrow brand and there was a vieo a while back comparing the gluestick brands and if i remember correctly these came out fairly well in the comparison.

actualy here is a link
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Arrow-Fastener-5-lbs-All-Purpose-Glue-AP10BP/304679055

Zetoyoc

Elite member
i guess i should update this thread while i am here. I was going to do some tidying up of the build and replace a part but i decided to go on with painting.

I realize now that i am looking for photos to add here i should take more of them. id have liked to have images of the masking of each step as well.

paint1.jpg

paint2.jpg

paint3.jpg

I am letting it cure a bit now before i print paper decals and then cover the entire thing with a clear matte finish to even things out a bit.

Zetoyoc

Elite member
@Zetoyoc I just got my adtech pro 200 a couple days ago and have really liked it! How are you enjoying yours?
i like my new glue gun, it doesnt take 20-30 min to heat up like my old one. and also works :) i do have to get used to it though. I love the built in stand but it does get in the way at times in the tight spaces. i just need to consider it until i am used to it and forget the old one

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I don’t know if you saw my latest thread, but in it I said I’m going to try to limit myself to one build a month. This month is devoted to the FT Edge. Next month is the build-ruary challenge so I’ll break the “rule” and be building 5 planes! Then March will be for the P-38 and P-47. I think I’ll work on both that month since I’ve already done a lot on the P-38 so far and I’ll probably have the parts all cut out for the P-47 by then. I want to do epic paint jobs on both like you are.

Zetoyoc

Elite member
I did print that radial nose piece. it isnt made for a ft p-47 so i had to enlarge it some. to get the size i wanted it sticks ot the front more than i wanted. I could have shrunk only the z axis in the print but felt i might have lost too much detail in the heads. so i fixed it manually by cutting out about a cm from the lower "chin" section.
IMG_20200107_134916.jpg
IMG_20200107_134936.jpg

IMG_20200107_135134.jpg
IMG_20200107_140236.jpg

Zetoyoc

Elite member
I don’t know if you saw my latest thread, but in it I said I’m going to try to limit myself to one build a month. This month is devoted to the FT Edge. Next month is the build-ruary challenge so I’ll break the “rule” and be building 5 planes! Then March will be for the P-38 and P-47. I think I’ll work on both that month since I’ve already done a lot on the P-38 so far and I’ll probably have the parts all cut out for the P-47 by then. I want to do epic paint jobs on both like you are.
it Sounds like you have a good plan. and a lot of fun projects ahead of you. Thanks for the compliment. I am not sure how epic the paint job is but a little planning and some time sure does make them look pretty good at 10 paces. :)

Zetoyoc

Elite member
And now i think my posts are caught up after this batch of photos.

i painted the 3d printed part and am starting to get excited about the finished product now. puting the numbers and roundels on it shoudl really make it look like the real thing I think while it is flying.,

IMG_20200107_155312.jpg
IMG_20200107_155340.jpg