• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Auction Find

Bricks

Four Star that was stick built original builder was thinking electric as it had the motor box already installed. I had to rip that out add to the thickness to the firewall and pin it. The NGH 35 with rear exhaust just barely fits into the sides of the fuselage. She looks pretty rough needs a bunch of TLC to the covering.

Have to box in behind the muffler where I had to cut the firewall out, then build in trays for the ignition, throttle servo and dual batteries. Checking the CG with the 35 I need to keep as much weight forward as I can to alleviate having to add more weight for CG purposes so going to try and stuff as much as I can in the nose area. Fuel tank will sit right on the CG so it does not influence the CG when it is running.

Just for fun noticing the size difference I attached a pic of the NGH 35 with a 2835 electric and the props both run, a 10X45 and an 18X8.

Attachments

Bricks

That covering is *MINT*! :)
Yea about as mint as a wind blow lake surfice.

It is always interesting when you start opening up some of these old builds and see how they put it together. The yellow one he used balsa glued foam to it, shaped the foam then covered with 1/32 balsa from the trailing edge of the wing to the nose..

Joker 53150

Mmmmmmm, balsa.
Mentor
Yea about as mint as a wind blow lake surfice.

It is always interesting when you start opening up some of these old builds and see how they put it together. The yellow one he used balsa glued foam to it, shaped the foam then covered with 1/32 balsa from the trailing edge of the wing to the nose..
There could be a contest to find (and fix) the most messed up "rescue find" from a swap meet...! :eek:

Wow, it actually looks very cool, but I don't even know at what auction these works can be sold. This is definitely cool, but to be honest, I doubt that anyone will pay money for it. Unemployment is so terrible now that people don't even have the money to buy cool and awesome art or antiques ... Think about it. By the way, has anyone worked with antique auctioneers? I found out about them recently and I would like to refer my paintings to them for the exhibition at the auction and I would like to know what percentage they have and whether it will be beneficial to me. I really hope this is an honest auction house.

Last edited: