Auction Find

Bricks

Master member
Four Star that was stick built original builder was thinking electric as it had the motor box already installed. I had to rip that out add to the thickness to the firewall and pin it. The NGH 35 with rear exhaust just barely fits into the sides of the fuselage. She looks pretty rough needs a bunch of TLC to the covering.

Have to box in behind the muffler where I had to cut the firewall out, then build in trays for the ignition, throttle servo and dual batteries. Checking the CG with the 35 I need to keep as much weight forward as I can to alleviate having to add more weight for CG purposes so going to try and stuff as much as I can in the nose area. Fuel tank will sit right on the CG so it does not influence the CG when it is running.

Just for fun noticing the size difference I attached a pic of the NGH 35 with a 2835 electric and the props both run, a 10X45 and an 18X8.

Attachments

• P1000427.JPG
    P1000427.JPG
    104 KB · Views: 0
  • P1000428.JPG
    P1000428.JPG
    108.7 KB · Views: 0
  • P1000429.JPG
    P1000429.JPG
    91.1 KB · Views: 0
  • P1000443.JPG
    P1000443.JPG
    78 KB · Views: 0
  • P1000432.JPG
    P1000432.JPG
    94.9 KB · Views: 0

Bricks

Master member
That covering is *MINT*! :)

Yea about as mint as a wind blow lake surfice.

It is always interesting when you start opening up some of these old builds and see how they put it together. The yellow one he used balsa glued foam to it, shaped the foam then covered with 1/32 balsa from the trailing edge of the wing to the nose..

Joker 53150

Mmmmmmm, balsa.
Mentor
Yea about as mint as a wind blow lake surfice.

It is always interesting when you start opening up some of these old builds and see how they put it together. The yellow one he used balsa glued foam to it, shaped the foam then covered with 1/32 balsa from the trailing edge of the wing to the nose..

There could be a contest to find (and fix) the most messed up "rescue find" from a swap meet...! :eek:

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
There could be a contest to find (and fix) the most messed up "rescue find" from a swap meet...! :eek:

I like this idea! Don't think the contest needs an end point, just a travelling 1st place trophy that bounces from one forum member to the next to keep encouraging this! :D