Aura 5 and regular FLAPS??

JManAZ

The plane. Arrows T-28
TX is the Spectrum DX8G2.
RX is the Flex Ino. Dual Diversity Sat connected to the Aura 5.
Ailerons are "Y'' harnessed on Aura's servo port 2. (per the the Config tool)
Flaps are ''Y'' harnessed on Aura's servo port 5. (per the the Config tool)

My flaps for this plane are "normally" assigned to switch D. Position 0 is No Flaps, Position 1 is 30% Flaps and Position 3 is 50%.

Does anyone know how configure the Aura 5 to mimic this?

Thanks!

Jim

Hvon11

Here are my notes on setting up flapperons on Aura5. The key point is the values assigned to the 3 pos switch do two things. See below. If the values are too close (e.g. 30%,50%) Aura5 does not sense the switch position change. Hope that helps.

Note: I have a Spektrum DX6 programmable xmtr. On the DX6 assign a 3 position switch to Ch6/Aux1 (I use switch D as it is just above the throttle) then go into Digital Switch Setup, select your switch (I used D) and set the values for each position as follows: 0=-51%, 1=50%, 2=100%. These values do two things, they tell theAura5 what position the switch is in and the value drives the flap throw. So -51% = Aura Switch Pos. 2 and is flaps UP, 50% is Aura Switch Pos.1 and about 1/3 flaps down, 100% is Aura Switch Pos.0 about 2/3 flap down. Now go to your PC and open Aura config tool, connect to your Aura5 and power it on too so you can capture live data (this makes adjustments a breeze).

JManAZ

Good stuff. Thank you!! Just to confirm. I am not using Flaperons. But am assuming the switch assignments indicated gets me there?

Bricks

Master member
Since you Y cabled the flaps did you install your servos so they both travel the same direction?

JManAZ

The servos are installed as factory supplied with the "Y". I have not altered the travel direction.

JManAZ

Well I'll be. After a bit of Aura tweaking and TX adjustment per the great direction of Hvon11...they work. Me happy :)

JManAZ

Had to employ some unusual parameters in the Config tool to get this planes flaps to act normally. But it works so I'm good. If the weather holds I'll fly it in a couple hours.

Hvon11

Had to employ some unusual parameters in the Config tool to get this planes flaps to act normally. But it works so I'm good. If the weather holds I'll fly it in a couple hours.
I take off with flaps and sometimes forget to put them up after climbing up and leveling off. Then I see the plane is handling oddly/sluggish and I remember to put the flaps up😳. I need to set a voice activated timer for 30 seconds that Says “Put Flaps up!”😀. Enjoy your flap flying.

JManAZ

Flew exceptionally well. Solid. Used some flaps on landings only. I wanted to test launch assist and was not disappointed at all. Very neat addition to this old bird. Zero trim needed.

Hvon11

Flew exceptionally well. Solid. Used some flaps on landings only. I wanted to test launch assist and was not disappointed at all. Very neat addition to this old bird. Zero trim needed.
Outstanding. I love launch assist. I use throttle to pitch settings on other receivers and it is adequate but not nearly as cool as Aura launch assist.