Aura 5 Lite and Crossfire?

Liam B

Hey! I'm a multirotor guy who wants to get back into planes! We've been having some less than ideal weather around these NorCal areas and I'd like to get a gyro like the Aura 5 Lite in the plane I'm getting.

My question is, will it work with a Crossfire Nano RX? I have tons lying around from mini-quads, and a full 2w module, and with the issues I was having with my internal module on my Taranis X9D, I'd like to stick with using it. Any help and input is appreciated!!

Attachments

• IMG_3482.jpg
    IMG_3482.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0

w1lp33

Can’t speak from experience, but some quick googling shows apparently you can run crossfire in sbus mode, so you only connect the tx wire, not tx and rx. So yes, that would work with the aura 5

Liam B

Can’t speak from experience, but some quick googling shows apparently you can run crossfire in sbus mode, so you only connect the tx wire, not tx and rx. So yes, that would work with the aura 5

Thanks! Yeah that popped into my head after I posted this. Glad to see some reassurance. Thanks!!

Liam B

What did you do to get the Aura 5 Lite to work with the TBS Nano rx?
Did you follow the info in the link in post #3, or something else?

I just used the included servo plug and wired it up to the nano RX, then plugged it in to the Aura. Make sure to select SBUS on the Crossfire TX.

Spitfire76

I'm currently thinking about moving away from FrSky to Crossfire and since all my planes have an Aura 5 installed its good to know that they are compatible with Crossfire. My concern though is with telemetry. I have a couple of FrSky sensors for battery monitoring and GPS tracking. Will I loose telemetry if I move to Crossfire with s.bus as I believe telemetry is only available with CRSF ?. I see that there maybe a few telemetry parameters generated by the receiver, like RSSI, LQ and Battery but I assume I can't connect other sensors like lowest cell or GPS logging as I have with my current FrSky setup.

Last edited:

Koiglass

I'm in the process of doing a very similar move (crossfire on a wing with aura 5 lite as a multirotor guy), and I was wondering 8g anybody has set up flaps with a similar set up.l? I'm using the e-flite twin otter which has a plug for throttle/esc (y harnessed), ailerons (y harnessed), elevator, rudder, flaps, and leds (will just power from separate bec)

Will I have to go into the configurator to remap the servo plug inputs?