Aura 5 lite and max servo size

ace crouton

So I just scored a sweet deal on a 1200mm aggressor. Came fully loaded with a matek f405 board and fpv gear. I'm still in the inav learning process so I was thinking of using an aura 5 lite board for it since the others I have used worked great. My question is that the aggressor has some giant 17 gram servos on it. I looked them up and the specs say this

Operating Voltage: DC4.8~6.0 V
Operating Speed (4.8V): 0.13sec/60°
Operating Speed (6V): 0.11 sec/60°
Stall Torque (4.8V): 3.0kg.cm (42 oz/in)
Stall Torque (6V): 3.5 kg.cm (49 oz/in)

Under the aura 5 lite description it says
"Each servo connector can typically only allow for 3A continuous. Some servos for giant-scale aircraft can exceed 3A for a single servo. The Aura 5 will need to be supplied with adequate power for the entire system"

Now if I'm understanding it correctly the Operating voltage is 4.8v for the servos so the 3A continuous that the aura provides won't be enough? Sorry if this is a dumb question haha. Still learning all this electronic stuff as I get more and more into RC so I'm not sure how amps translate to volts. Thanks for any help!

FlamingRCAirplanes

Elite member
So I just scored a sweet deal on a 1200mm aggressor. Came fully loaded with a matek f405 board and fpv gear. I'm still in the inav learning process so I was thinking of using an aura 5 lite board for it since the others I have used worked great. My question is that the aggressor has some giant 17 gram servos on it. I looked them up and the specs say this

Operating Voltage: DC4.8~6.0 V
Operating Speed (4.8V): 0.13sec/60°
Operating Speed (6V): 0.11 sec/60°
Stall Torque (4.8V): 3.0kg.cm (42 oz/in)
Stall Torque (6V): 3.5 kg.cm (49 oz/in)

Under the aura 5 lite description it says
"Each servo connector can typically only allow for 3A continuous. Some servos for giant-scale aircraft can exceed 3A for a single servo. The Aura 5 will need to be supplied with adequate power for the entire system"

Now if I'm understanding it correctly the Operating voltage is 4.8v for the servos so the 3A continuous that the aura provides won't be enough? Sorry if this is a dumb question haha. Still learning all this electronic stuff as I get more and more into RC so I'm not sure how amps translate to volts. Thanks for any help!
Amps don’t translate to volts. You need to find the current rating on the servos measured in amps (A) or milliamps (mA)

Bricks

Master member
17 gram servos are not huge but I digress, unless you are stalling the 17 gram servos constantly there should not be any problem, as noted each pin supports 3 amps.

ace crouton

17 gram servos are not huge but I digress, unless you are stalling the 17 gram servos constantly there should not be any problem, as noted each pin supports 3 amps.

Ok cool! Thanks for the response as well. Makes me feel much better about my setup for it. The aggressor is in great condition so I dont wanna mess anything up. I'm coming from much smaller planes so the servos seem huge compared to my ultrix and nano goblin lol.