Solved Aura 5 lite Board / Receiver issues

DavStr

OK - now we're getting somewhere. Just did a reboot of the transceiver and I now have throttle power. Wonderful. I'll go in to see if I can change it on the home screen to properly read throttle instead of Elevator.

DavStr

UPDATES: I walked away from the transceiver for a few hours, turned it back on and the throttle was now controlled by my elevator stick. I admit I'm totally new the the Open TX system but why would it change on me? I must be doing something wrong. Moving forward I'll post to an open TX forum to see if I can get any answers.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Are you running OpenTX or EdgeTX? Just curious. I'm still on OpenTX but have been contemplating migrating....

Bricks

Master member
Are you running OpenTX or EdgeTX? Just curious. I'm still on OpenTX but have been contemplating migrating....

I switched over to Edge TX basically everything is the same , having a hard time getting use to using touch screen as I still use the scroll wheel and buttons most. Touch screen is much faster when I use it. I did screw up my model import luckily i did not have a bunch of models on the TX16S if done properly at the right time it goes pretty seamless.

DavStr

UPDATES: I just realised that when I went in to the original model setup I was using an existing model. I dug around the Edge TX world and found a nice video on setting up a new model:
. After setting up a new model i was ab le to bind but .... still no stick control. I'll keep digging and will update when I solve the next challenge.

DavStr

All working now, binding was an issue until I changed the RF PROTOCOL from MULTI-DMS-X2F as per the Josh's Flite Test video recommendations for Radiomaster to Aura setup, to MULTI-DMS-AUTO. The final RF PROTOCOL ended up being MULTI-DMS-21F

Mr NCT

Site Moderator
All working now, binding was an issue until I changed the RF PROTOCOL from MULTI-DMS-X2F as per the Josh's Flite Test video recommendations for Radiomaster to Aura setup, to MULTI-DMS-AUTO. The final RF PROTOCOL ended up being MULTI-DMS-21F
That was a long trip but you saw it through! As thorough as you were in documenting this it's going to help someone else. A pretty good tutorial from start to finish.