Aura 5 Lite Question

GrizBier

Is it possible, to use the Aura Lite 5 with a receiver like the Spektrum 8010T AND have FLAPS programed through the receiver/transmitter or the Aura 5??

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Sorry, the Aura Lite 5 can not be used with a PWM receiver like the 8010T. There is only a single input which means you have to use a serial reciever. You could use the satellite that comes paired with the 8010T though.

LitterBug

Reactions: FDS

Bricks

Master member
You can use both receivers the satellite hooked to the Aura five and use the auxiliary channels for gear from the 8010 receiver it SHOULD work the same as binding two receivers and using both for different channels. You will need 2 power wires one for the Aura the Aura will get power from the throttle channel and one positive- negative for the 8010 receiver.

Reactions: FDS

GrizBier

You can use both receivers the satellite hooked to the Aura five and use the auxiliary channels for gear from the 8010 receiver it SHOULD work the same as binding two receivers and using both for different channels. You will need 2 power wires one for the Aura the Aura will get power from the throttle channel and one positive- negative for the 8010 receiver.
Hmm, how do you bind 2 receivers to the same model. I've got Spektrum Dx8G2. Also, I don't think the 8010 will bind unless it is connected to a satellite receiver.

Bricks

Master member
Hmm, how do you bind 2 receivers to the same model. I've got Spektrum Dx8G2. Also, I don't think the 8010 will bind unless it is connected to a satellite receiver.

Hook satellite receiver to the 8010 and bind as normal they will both be bound at that point. The 8010 has it`s own antenna unless it is broke off. The satellite acts as a receiver once bound independent of the main receiver.

Last edited:

GrizBier

Hook satellite receiver to the 8010 and bind as normal they will both be bound at that point. The 8010 has it`s own antenna. The satellite acts as a receiver once bound independent of the main receiver.
Still a bit confused, are you saying that you bind the 8010 with the satellite hooked up, then disconnect the satellite and plug it into the aura and they'll both work bound to the same model on the transmitter. i.e., it won't be necessary to rebind the satellite-aura assembly?

Bricks

Master member
Still a bit confused, are you saying that you bind the 8010 with the satellite hooked up, then disconnect the satellite and plug it into the aura and they'll both work bound to the same model on the transmitter. i.e., it won't be necessary to rebind the satellite-aura assembly?

Correct the satellite will not bind on it`s own cause how do you put it into bind mode unless connected to a receiver. I use satellites in some of my quads and I have to bind it using a receiver before I install it in a quad. If you run both the satellite and receiver you will still will not have more then 8 channels that you can use as that is all your DX 8 has.

Or you could just buy a Spektrum receiver that has PPM output and pins for servos.

Last edited:

GrizBier

Correct the satellite will not bind on it`s own cause how do you put it into bind mode unless connected to a receiver. I use satellites in some of my quads and I have to bind it using a receiver before I install it in a quad. If you run both the satellite and receiver you will still will not have more then 8 channels that you can use as that is all your DX 8 has.

Or you could just buy a Spektrum receiver that has PPM output and pins for servos.
Your help is APPRECIATED. Will let you know how it works.

rowens816

I am trying to setup an Aura 5 Lite in a STRIX Stratosurfer. I am also using the Spektrum SPM4651T receiver. So far, I have been able to bind everything with my DX9 transmitter. The ailerons, elevator and rudder work as designed.

I have yet to download the Aura configurator, but that is next. Where do I physically plug the Flaps server into the Aura FC? I can only assume that the configurator will allow me to program for Flaps.

Thanks.