Aura 5 Lite Question

qwijibo

I have what is probably a silly question about the Aura 5 Lite.

I'm currently installing the Aura 5 Lite in one of my planes (Eclipson model V). I haven't flown it with this board yet, but all seems to work well on the bench...but I did have one question if anyone has some insight.

When it's placed into 'Launch Assist Mode', it will automatically try to pitch the model to climb out at 30%. Once the climb out is over, how to I stop the Launch Assist Mode? When testing on the bench, even if I cycle between 0, 3 and 6-axis modes, it still has the elevator input set to make it climb.

I'm sure I'm missing something simple, but thought I'd see if anyone has used this mode before?

Thanks...
Steve

LitterBug

Techno Nut
The instruction sheet that comes with it says Any elevator or roll stick input after the throttle is advanced will cause it to drop out of launch assist. I have one, but have not flown it yet. Just need to finish up the fpv on the wing it is going in. Also need to finish my Eclipson Model V. Lots of gluing to do.

Cheers!
LitterBug

qwijibo

The instruction sheet that comes with it says Any elevator or roll stick input after the throttle is advanced will cause it to drop out of launch assist. I have one, but have not flown it yet. Just need to finish up the fpv on the wing it is going in. Also need to finish my Eclipson Model V. Lots of gluing to do.

Cheers!
LitterBug

I must be blind because I can't find where my sheet mentions that...but thanks! :)

Looking forward to seeing how your Eclipson V comes out, I'm sure you'll love it. BTW, it's a perfect model for the Aura 5 Lite, plenty of room and it can sit right near the CG.

Attachments

• 2020-05-31 08.34.04.jpg
    2020-05-31 08.34.04.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

jerryn

I have what is probably a silly question about the Aura 5 Lite.

I'm currently installing the Aura 5 Lite in one of my planes (Eclipson model V). I haven't flown it with this board yet, but all seems to work well on the bench...but I did have one question if anyone has some insight.

When it's placed into 'Launch Assist Mode', it will automatically try to pitch the model to climb out at 30%. Once the climb out is over, how to I stop the Launch Assist Mode? When testing on the bench, even if I cycle between 0, 3 and 6-axis modes, it still has the elevator input set to make it climb.

I'm sure I'm missing something simple, but thought I'd see if anyone has used this mode before?

Thanks...
Steve
As soon as you hit pitch/roll the autoclimb stops.

qwijibo

As soon as you hit pitch/roll the autoclimb stops.

Yes, thanks :)

Took it for it's first flights with the Aura board not long ago, the launch assist worked great! I set it to 20% for a more shallow climb out, but no problems at all. Very happy with how well it worked, need to get another board for one of my larger 3D printed wings that can be a real a pain to hand launch.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
I just ordered a 2nd Aura 5 for my new Strix Nano Goblin kit. First nano goblin flew great with just standard RC. Wanted to add telemetry and all so threw iNav at it, and it locked up and tanked on the first flight. :-O Rebuilt that one for playing with the FC gear, and will keep this other one "simple" with just an Aura 5 and AIO FPV.