Aura 5 lite receiver compatibility question

model14

Will the subject FC work with the FlySky FS-I6 transmitter FS-IA6B receiver which has both PPM and I-bus connectivity. This combo touts an I-bus and PPM output. I don't see that specifically mentioned in the Aura 5 description.

Last edited:

Flying Monkey fab

Elite member
Will the subject FC work with the FlySky FS-I6 transmitter FS-IA6B receiver which has both PPM and I-bus connectivity. This combo touts an I-bus and PPM output. I don't see that specifically mentioned in the Aura 5 description.
Man, Flex and FT went out of their way to include all the popular serial protocols and it looks like you found one that wasn't included.
No need for a different Xmiter though, just use a receiver that supports S-bus.

model14

I don't want to give up on using the FC, so I purchased another xmtr and rcvr (FS-I6X and FS-IA6B} that has S-Bus connectivity. I still get the orange flashing light on the FC, indicating "not receiving Rx signal". YouTube has a video on using the exact rcvr and xmtr I purchased:
FlySky FS-i6X with FT Aura 5 Lite HOW TO.
I followed the video exactly with no success. The FT video is no help in this situation. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,

model14

So, I found another YouTube video showing how to use the Aura with the SkyFly I6X and IA6B. Following those instructions, I still had the same result, the orange blinking light indicating the receiver and FC are not talking. I've given up and I have returned the FC to FT and the xmtr and rcvr to Amazon. A frustrating experience. Oh, I also tried the FC configurator for help. Nada.

Flying Monkey fab

Elite member
So, I found another YouTube video showing how to use the Aura with the SkyFly I6X and IA6B. Following those instructions, I still had the same result, the orange blinking light indicating the receiver and FC are not talking. I've given up and I have returned the FC to FT and the xmtr and rcvr to Amazon. A frustrating experience. Oh, I also tried the FC configurator for help. Nada.

Shame it didn't work out for you, I consider the Aura line great little stabilizers. I'm just coming back from fly the devil out of a plane with the 8 installed.