Aura 5 lite run away

Bannon29

Finished setting up my new Aura 5 lite on my FT Edge 540 everything was going well till I accidentally turned off my transmitter before turning off plane next thing i know the motor is screaming i disconnect battery and everything is ok until I realize if that plane had been in the air and my transmitter died i would never see it again would be a total run away....... Anyone have any suggestions??? Did I not program it as well as I had thought??? Missing a failsafe???? Really hope someone can help

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I haven’t used the aura 5 but I believe it won’t affect the fail safe settings that you have programmed on your transmitter

LitterBug

Techno Nut
You can adjust the failsafe settings in the configuration gui. I am surprised that it did that. default is to drop throttle and center servos. What TX and RX are you using? wonder if you have some failsafe settings on those that are not playing nice with the aura.

I tested my Nano Goblin and it works as it should.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
On my FrSky I have Failsafe mode set to "no pulses". Don't know anything about FlySky, but there may be something similar.

Morgajus

Is there a chance you've had to reverse the throttle setting on your transmitter or aura board? (I had to when setting up my fs-i6 and aura.)

Setting the aura to override your failsafe to throttle off and servos centered as @LitterBug mentioned would be a solid backup. Bench testing is strongly advised though.

Brian B

Elite member
This might help. Assuming you downloaded and are using the Aura configuration tool, go to your SAFETY tab, and change your fail safe settings to ON. I choose to bring the motor all the way down (-150) and kick over the rudder to circle it down if signal is lost. Should keep the motor from turning on when transmitter is shut down first. BUT, I always make it a habit to disconnect the plane battery before turning off the transmitter, or making system setup changes. Safety first.

Attachments

• 1619579817895753911929074154753.jpg
    1619579817895753911929074154753.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 0

Bannon29

Is there a chance you've had to reverse the throttle setting on your transmitter or aura board? (I had to when setting up my fs-i6 and aura.)

Setting the aura to override your failsafe to throttle off and servos centered as @LitterBug mentioned would be a solid backup. Bench testing is strongly advised though.
Yes I also had to reverse throttle settings will that effect the failsafe??

Bannon29

This might help. Assuming you downloaded and are using the Aura configuration tool, go to your SAFETY tab, and change your fail safe settings to ON. I choose to bring the motor all the way down (-150) and kick over the rudder to circle it down if signal is lost. Should keep the motor from turning on when transmitter is shut down first. BUT, I always make it a habit to disconnect the plane battery before turning off the transmitter, or making system setup changes. Safety first.
Every other time I do disconnect the battery
I was bench testing when this happened and 99% of the time I do disconnect battery in plane before powering off transmitter just so happened this time I didn't thats what made me come here had to find out what I did wrong. But also made me think if my tx batteries died while in the air how could I prevent this from happening

Morgajus

Yes I also had to reverse throttle settings will that effect the failsafe??
I found this on: http://www.atterberry.net/funstuff/aura-5-with-flysky/
  • Set the throttle endpoints to 100%, not 120%, otherwise the Aura will power up the motor during quick set mode and during launch assist.
Might be having a similar effect...

And yes, I had to reverse my throttle setting on my TX. BUT then I reversed it on the Aura board and switched it back on my TX. Which should be accounted for on the aura's fail-safe.