Aura 5 Lite Tango 2 Setup

delli1221

I've just got my first aura 5 lite board and I would like to control it using a Tango 2 with nano xf rx on a Wing.
I created a new model, selected "plane" (because I want the aura to do the mixing for elevons.) Assign channel 6 for throttle because Sbus for rx is using channel 1.
Then in the aura configurator I select Ch6 for output type under servo port output configuration. This gives me a functioning throttle but what I can't seem to figure out is why my throttle stick is also controlling my pitch and my elevator stick is controlling my roll. The aileron and rudder stick do nothing when I move them. My mixes in the radio are only controlling the channels I have them assigned to. Ch2 Ail, Ch3 Ele, Ch4 Rud, Ch5 three position switch.
Any suggestions?

Bricks

Master member
Don`t know anything about your transmitter but using elevons you are only using 3 channels. Throttle, ailerons, elevator. ailerons and elevator are mixed each wing has a separate servo and no y cable can be used. You have to use the transmitter for the mix as far as I know when using elevons. In the mix you need a left and right aileron on separate channels. Like I mentioned never have used an Aura Light before and not sure how the mix plays out in the Aura but you do not need rudder any where.

delli1221

Don`t know anything about your transmitter but using elevons you are only using 3 channels. Throttle, ailerons, elevator. ailerons and elevator are mixed each wing has a separate servo and no y cable can be used. You have to use the transmitter for the mix as far as I know when using elevons. In the mix you need a left and right aileron on separate channels. Like I mentioned never have used an Aura Light before and not sure how the mix plays out in the Aura but you do not need rudder any where.
Thanks Bricks, I was thinking about mixing the ailerons an elevator in the radio but the Aura is supposed to do all the mixing for you.

I guess I'm getting mixed up when watching the radio setup videos because they are setting up 4 channel planes, but then when you watch the wing videos they only talk about the aura side of things and not the radio setup. I'm going to go back and watch the wing setup videos again and I'm also going to try making a new model in the radio with ailerons on two seperate channels.

I know I don't need the rudder for elevons however I mentioned it as I had it in the mix as part of the "Plane" profile that I chose on the Tango 2. After writing this out I can see now that choosing the "Plane" profile with one channel each for pitch, roll and yaw was a poor choice and likely why I'm having trouble.

dap35

Elite member
I've just got my first aura 5 lite board and I would like to control it using a Tango 2 with nano xf rx on a Wing.
I created a new model, selected "plane" (because I want the aura to do the mixing for elevons.) Assign channel 6 for throttle because Sbus for rx is using channel 1.
Then in the aura configurator I select Ch6 for output type under servo port output configuration. This gives me a functioning throttle but what I can't seem to figure out is why my throttle stick is also controlling my pitch and my elevator stick is controlling my roll. The aileron and rudder stick do nothing when I move them. My mixes in the radio are only controlling the channels I have them assigned to. Ch2 Ail, Ch3 Ele, Ch4 Rud, Ch5 three position switch.
Any suggestions?

It sounds like the Aura doesn't understand the channel mapping coming from your TX. This is what I did for my FrSky X20 & R4 rx. It uses the channel order of AETR, which you can see in the second screen shot.

Custom TX mapping 1.PNG Aura Mapping for FrSky X20s.PNG

delli1221

It sounds like the Aura doesn't understand the channel mapping coming from your TX. This is what I did for my FrSky X20 & R4 rx. It uses the channel order of AETR, which you can see in the second screen shot.
Seems like my transmitter doesn't want to play with the Aura. This looked promising and was something I hadn't noticed in the configurator... but with my radio on, board connected to Aura configurator and a battery powering the Aura board it just doesn't seem to recognize the transmitter?
2021-12-14 (1).png

delli1221

@dap35 Thanks for the help. I had to turn live data on and then I was able to see the Learn Transmitter button. I also selected auto detect transmitter where before I had chosen custom. Now it sees the radio as a Futaba with a channel map of TAER. The transmitter is now controlling the Aura board as it should.