Aura 5 Lite with Frsky receiver and Strix Stratosurfer type of airplane questions

jerryn

Hi,
I installed an Aura 5 lite in my Strix Nano Goblin. Since I like the performance I bought one for a larger airplane build, a Volantex Ranger 1600.
My Nano Goblin was super easy to setup. This larger airplane, it's working but I don't think the default travel of the control services is right.
My longer range radio is a Taranis Q7. It's not possible to set the travel to 125%, or is there a way to get around it ?
Also I figured a good starting point would be the Aura 5 light configuration Strix Stratosurfer. If anyone has a similar configuration can you take some screenshots and post it ?

It's been raining here for several days. I've been finishing up the Ranger 1600 configuration. I am hoping to maiden it thursday.

Thanks.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
I have a couple aura 5s in flying wings, but am running a Matek F405-wing and arduplane in the stratosurfer. I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work in a stratosurfer or equivalent. The 125% thing is more of a Spektrum thing and doesn't really apply to FrSky. You may need to use the configurator to adjust the throws, or change the holes on the control horns.

Cheers!
LitterBug

jerryn

I have a couple aura 5s in flying wings, but am running a Matek F405-wing and arduplane in the stratosurfer. I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work in a stratosurfer or equivalent. The 125% thing is more of a Spektrum thing and doesn't really apply to FrSky. You may need to use the configurator to adjust the throws, or change the holes on the control horns.

Cheers!
LitterBug

Cheers!
LitterBug
I have a PX4 controller in my parts collection. Are you using flight planner with your stratosurfer ? Can you share your ardupilot configuration ?

LitterBug

Techno Nut
I'm mostly flying FPV, but have played a little with mission planner with the Stratosurfer and a long time ago with quads. ArduPilot will run on a LOT more FCs these days, and my current build on the stratosurfer is as follows:
Matek F405-Wing running ArduPilot Plane 4.0.5 released
FrSky R9 RX Running Accst 2019-02-13
Runcam FPV Camera
RMRC Cricket Pro 600mw 5.8Ghz Vtx.

I am running a commercial Lua Script that uses the FrSky Telemetry Passthrough feature of ArduPilot. So I basically have a ground station display on the LCD of my X9D+

In order to make that work with an F4 based flight controller I had to pick up a bidirectional Inverter for the s.port (telemetry)

For the most part, I've been documenting it over on this thread: https://forum.flitetest.com/index.p...ra5-ardupilot-fc-enabled-wingy-thingys.53689/

I would attach my .param file below (CODE) for you to look at, but it was too large to include as text, and the Forum wouldn't attache a .param file. It probably will not work without major modification for a PX4. The F405-wing has a built in OSD, and the channel mapping, calibration values, etc... will all be different. I can find another file depot if you really want it though.

Cheers!
LitterBug

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Would I be better of using a Matek F22 controller ? I have one of those too.

The F722 is not supported. Only the F405, and the F765 wing (it's probably a memory limitation)

Nothing wrong with the PX4. just different. I have a PX4 based PixFalcon earmarked for a heavy lift quad.

LB

EDIT: iNav supports more, but I'm less than pleased with it at the moment.

Last edited: