Help! Aura 5 won't bind with Spectrum SPM9745 satellite Rx and DX-9 Tx

Cytogreg

I recently purchased my first Aura 5 and a Spectrum SPM 9745 to use with my Spectrum DX-9 transmitter. I just can't get it to bind! I've tried all the tricks, 2', 4', 6', 10' separation, holding down the transmitter button while powering on the Tx, and going to system setup to bind. With no success. I thought that maybe the SPM 9745 wasn't compatible with my DX-9 but Spectrum assures me it is but they don't know anything about the Aura 5.
So what do y'all think?

jimbuck1

Try holding down the bind button on the Aura 5 when powering on. I had to do that to bind my DX9 to a Spektrum SPM4648 satellite Rx.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Found another thread here on the forums for the same receiver. He wasn't sure what he did but it eventually bound for him.

Cytogreg

Try holding down the bind button on the Aura 5 when powering on. I had to do that to bind my DX9 to a Spektrum SPM4648 satellite Rx.
Success!!! Thank you so much. It took some digital contortion to hold down on the Aura bind button while I plugged the battery in, but it worked!

Bricks

Master member
Just another way to bind a satellite receiver is plug it into a regular DSMX DXM2 receiver bind the receiver it then binds the satellite.

pipemajor

Question using the Spektrum SRXL2 satellite RXs. I've got an SPM4650C SRLX2 satellite connected to the port B connector on the Aura 5 board. Doesn't seem to go into bind mode using the bind button on the Aura board. Aura 5 is updated to v1.21

If I use the bind button on the RX, the RX will bind. Am I done?

Last edited: