Aura bricked?

WillL84

Hi guys,

I was configuring my new Aura 5 lite and noticed it had a firmware update. I downloaded it and hit the install button and a window popped up a couple seconds later saying "please make sure drivers are installed" so I hit OK. Now it's been about 20 minutes and the "install progress" bar hasn't moved from 0% and the board is sitting with a fast flashing orange LED. The config tool version is 1.1.17.1. Is the board bricked? I really hope not as I haven't even gotten to fly the plane yet!

WillL84

Update - left it for several hours and nothing changed. No progress, still fast blinking orange. Said whatever and unplugged it. Plugged it back in this morning for giggles and it booted up normally! Still on the older FW though (1.14). Not going to try updating again. Looks like the 1.16 adds some robustness to the SRXL2 protocol but nothing much else.

Bricks

Master member
Hi guys,

I was configuring my new Aura 5 lite and noticed it had a firmware update. I downloaded it and hit the install button and a window popped up a couple seconds later saying "please make sure drivers are installed" so I hit OK. Now it's been about 20 minutes and the "install progress" bar hasn't moved from 0% and the board is sitting with a fast flashing orange LED. The config tool version is 1.1.17.1. Is the board bricked? I really hope not as I haven't even gotten to fly the plane yet!

I am thinking drivers for your PC to work with the Aura software that is why it never updated.

WillL84

I am thinking drivers for your PC to work with the Aura software that is why it never updated.

The drivers were installed though. I installed them when I initially installed the software and had previously connected to the board and done some initial configuration.

Bricks

Master member
Are you sure the drivers did get installed might try reinstalling the drivers maybe a glitch happened when installing them. I would also try a different USB cable if you have one, run into that problem before.