Awesome C-5 Galaxy w/amazingly realistic retracts and flaps!

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
I could certainly build something like that (especially if I can do it for free). On the other hand, my ability to fly it is very questionable.

Jeffrey Saelee

Airplane Dope
I could certainly build something like that (especially if I can do it for free). On the other hand, my ability to fly it is very questionable.

LOL! And it costs quite a lot....each fan unit (JePe JET90-6S) is around $130 (x 4 = $720) and the batteries (2x nano-tech 5000mah 6S) are somewhere between $62.02 to $116.70 (depending on C rating, he doesn't tell the C rating) Each :D

Last edited:

Jeffrey Saelee

Airplane Dope

sandblaster

I know. Sometimes flying the real thing is easier then on the sim, but the sim sure make it easy and cheap to recover from mistakes. Plus the hanger is full of almost everything one wants to fly. My grandkids love to watch the crashes they make. I kid them on how much work they are making for me to repair all those planes. Five year old granddaughter response..you only have to fix the wings. The wings are what fly off in a sim crash.

All in fun. What this hobby is about. Why I like Flitetest so much, the fun.

sandblaster

You should use FMS, then you'd never have to fix a plane, because they never break...

Funny. I have seen how some responds. Airplanes made out of rubber bounce so high.

It is interesting to land hard and have landing gear brake off or other sections fly off. Some times the fuselage sure travels a long ways before it stops. I have injured more spectators on the photos backgrounds with flying parts. Have had aircraft lose wings in flight from to many G forces. Does teach what one did wrong.

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
I really like my simulator for learning to do things will my helicopters, helped me a lot and saved me tons of money. Otherwise, the lack of any risk of damage takes all the fun out of it. I'll take building and flying the real "model" think anyday lol.

I'm really impressed with the details on that galaxy. I'd like to see how his retracts work.