AWESOME RC SLED THING

PilotSam

Judge me by my age?
Hello everyone! So I recently finished this neat project. I will not type much here because I thoroughly explain everything in the video. Sorry in advance for the terrible audio in the video. Here it is:
Try it out for yourself! It kind of works like the hovercraft that Peter made.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Nice Job Sam that thing does as good or better then most of the "hovercraft" videos I have seen. Is that a first time build or was there a few test models before that one?

PilotSam

Judge me by my age?
Thanks! This is the first one I've have built. I would like to make a few different prototypes in the future including an edf powered one!

PilotSam

Judge me by my age?
I think I need one of these for windy days when I'm grounded but have a bunch of charged 2200mah batteries!

Mike

Yeah that's a great idea. It works just fine in the wind. Today I was driving it around in like 20mph winds and it was just fine. Another thing is that it is so cheap. Like I said in the video, all of the electronics (motor, esc, receiver, servo) were salvaged from a crashed airplane. So before you spend money on new parts, see if you can salvage any electronics from old planes. Good luck Mike!

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I have enough parts sitting dormant here to put one together. Maybe that will be a snowy day project since It won't be long and no flying will get done for a while.

Got two spare 2206 motors, some crappy Raycorp 5030 tri blades that are not strong enough to lift a quad properly. Maybe Ill make a dual motor one with thrust vectoring instead of a rudder. I may have to improvise a base though as I don't have or keep much foam on hand.
Might end up the Pizza box edition. :p. Time and weather and motivation will tell I guess.

PilotSam

Judge me by my age?
Pizza box edition......sounds legit. I really want to make an edf jet powered one because I wouldn't have to elevate the edf unit like I did the motor on this one. It would also be fast....very fast...

mikeporterinmd

Still Learning
I'm still fairly new to this hobby and don't have a lot spare parts. Mostly 1806 type motors. The C pack sized motor is living nicely in the Storch. I could pull the 'B' pack motor off the Otter... hmm...

Mike