Awwww, my son just bought me this...

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
Going to be perfect for finding downed planes in the long grass!
IMG-20190727-WA0002.jpeg

IanSR

Traitor, hang your head in shame at utilising a pre-built model, this is Flite Test, home of the homebrew don't you know, it must have at least one barbecue skewer and lollypop stick or it's not welcome here.

Seriously, nice, I have a bugs 2 for the same reasons lol.

OliverW

Legendary member
I may have to get one of these. The other day we searched for a half an hour for a plane, only to find it was thousands of feet away from where we where

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
I may have to get one of these. The other day we searched for a half an hour for a plane, only to find it was thousands of feet away from where we where
It's a reasonable price too!
He found my mini arrow in a couple of minutes using his mavic 2 pro after I had spent twenty minutes stumbling around in the undergrowth in the wrong spot.

b-29er

Thats a great little tool to have! I've used my Inspire before to locate a roughly 4x6 part (edf duct for a Syncro) in tall grass. If the app has zebra stripes, that can be very helpful for marking out parts on white aircraft.

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
Teaching him to fly it so he can shoot video of you flying fixed wing??

Families that fly together and all... :)
He lives over 2 1/2 hrs drive away from me. He a professional photographer, does all sorts of odd hours and fly's his Mavic 2 VB Pro as part of his job. He's too busy !!!!

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
Had my maiden flight with this drone and it's very impressive indeed for the price. I was concentrating so much on observing it fly and getting the hang of controlling it I mucked up the exposure 😁, making the video quality way too bright and blowing out the sky. The gimbal does it's job brilliantly and the couple of special flight modes I tried went well.
Overall, I'm really happy with it and will invest in a couple more flight batteries, a decent case and an HV charger for it.

Caroline,,,,,forgive me for the stupid question,,,,,what is the name of your drone? Would like to look it up just for fun. Thanks!