AX-2306 rewind.

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
It's, ALIVE! :D
My first rewind project works!
It's a 2306 stator size Hobbyking motor, wound y with 15 turns of 26 gauge Newbie wire from gobrushless.com
It draws .86 amps unloaded at 7.2 volts, and it's KV sounds high, but I'm not sure.:confused:
View attachment 15742

View attachment 15743

View attachment 15744

It was originally a 2000 KV motor when terminated delta, but as I don't have an RPM sensor, I can only guess based on the fact that I have the same number of turns, and it has .58 times the KV, that it is a roughly 1200 KV motor.

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
Dang it
Can't see your attachments but it sounds like you are on your way to having fun with something that was broken.
Glad it worked out for ya. It's not rocket science but it sure feels like plane surgery ;)

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
Grr. It runs fine under no load, but with a 9x4.7 prop, it just stutters unless I tighten the prop while the motor is running(!) . Then i read 8 amps at 7.4 volts, which seems fine to me, and the windings stay cold, but why won't it start unless unloaded?
I switched from high to med to low timing, and still no luck, and on a 3 cell it wouldn't run at all. Any Ideas JPN?

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
Could be a few different things...
Bad solder connection to your bullets
A short on one of the phases (check continuity to the stator, should pass no current from any of the phases to the stator)
One (or more) of the phases wound incorrectly

Those are really the only things that come to mind. I want to see this thing work out for ya!
The winds that I've been doing all seem to like the high timing settings, not sure I understand why, that's just how they seem to be working out. I smoked a few on the bench before I got it all figured out, not sure if they weren't right or if it was just the cheap wire I was using.

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
Update: Whoops! Initially I got some poles wound backwards, but after 4 rewinds, I finally got it working. It's destined for a light weight Bixler.

image.jpg

AX 2306 Motor rewind
26g newbie wire.
ABC 15 turns 1200kv(ish) wye terminated
Rm 0.1 ohms
No load 0.5 amps 12v

GemFan 9x4.7 sf 9 amps 11.5 v HOT.
APC 6x4E 4.5 amps, 11.4 v cold.

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
Ok, new problem. It now works great, instant start up, all the poles the same temp, but anything over 5 amps and when I pull the bell off, everything is hot enough to burn my hand for a few seconds, then quickly cools. As a 50 gram motor, I would expect it to handle around 100 watts no problem. Or Did I just wind it really badly?:p

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
Ok, old thread, but this motor got a seriously hard and messy wind: 16 turns of 24 g wire.
It draws about 10 amps at 6.9 volts with a 9x4.7 slowfly. I'm looking for 11 amps with a 7x6 on 3 cells.
image.jpg
image.jpg