Aztech A200 leaking glue around top.

randyrls

Randy
I was about to continue building a simple cub. Plugged in the glue gun, but couldn't get it to feed glue. I noticed that the glue had oozed out of the top of the gun and gummed up the glue stick and feed mechanism. With a lot of effort and a very sharp knife, I was able to get the melted glue out of the gun. It is working fine again, but don't know if this is a common problem or not.

Forster

Slow, low and dirty.
I've not had any problem like that. What diameter and brand of glue stick are you using?

Keno

Had the problem it was caused by trying to use the gun before it was ready. You will know the gun is ready when you see melted glue on the tip. Mine starts to drip, annoying as heck that is.

randyrls

Randy
Keno; You are probably correct. I put a scrap of foam under the gun. I tend to squeeze the trigger to see if it feeds glue. Must not do that in the future. Patience grasshopper.......

Forester; I got the glue from FT. It is the standard size they sell. I noticed that some time ago they reccomended using the clear glue stick rather than the "milky" glue sticks. I got two different orders of sticks from FT about a year apart. One is the clear and one is milky. ??

Keno

Thought I might add little more to the thread. I recently purchased a Ad-tech pro 200 as my Pro 80 has seen better days. It arrived and I load it with Gorilla glue I have been using for sometime. The Pro 200 did not function well as I had to use heavy pressure on the trigger for it function and it would not produce a smooth application line. Yes, it was hot enough. I contacted Ad-tech via their site and they responded quickly by saying Gorilla glue in not recommended for use in their Pro 200. I changed to Ad-tech Multi-temp and it now functions correctly. For what its worth. Happy Building

d8veh

Elite member
Do you mean that the glue was coming out from where the glue-stick feeds in? I had one like that and it kept doing it, so I chucked it and got another one, which has never done it once.

Keno

Do you mean that the glue was coming out from where the glue-stick feeds in? I had one like that and it kept doing it, so I chucked it and got another one, which has never done it once.
No out of the nozzle... I have also had what you mention happen, did the same. Happy flying