Aztex 30´s racer build - done!

leaded50

Legendary member
After seen the great looking foamboard recreation file of the AP Argus by @AircPirateNinsei ( https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?resources/ap-argus.111/ ) i decided what my next build gonna be.
Using the plans, and adjusting to fit my ideas, i came up with my AzteX racer with similar lenght/width. Still just a 2d scale fuselage scetch though, only the wheelcovers/legs are ready.
Planned buildt as the FT master series, with 5% dihedral angled wings and using a D3536 1200kv motor who laying here.

Whats your wiews?

Attachments

• Aztex_inf.png
    Aztex_inf.png
    214.9 KB · Views: 0

Figure9

Elite member
I really like the tapered tail section. Master techniques in use, well done. I’m trying to advance my skills past the boxy fuselage designs.

leaded50

Legendary member
First time tried, but yeah, i like how it can be looking. It did go pretty well, even if dont have ready plans tp use, but must ty out "on the go" . I use some of the things from Spitfire Master, and some of the AP Argus plans, and adjust out from that to what i want it to look like. As here, the pilot gonna be far back more than even the Argus, or Spitfire.

Last edited:

Figure9

Elite member

I once daydreamed of building a full scale RV4 single place with a 150hp Lycoming for power in an extended nose & pilot position so far back that the pilot could see the retract landing gear position under the wing instead of using gear position lights. Probably a good thing I stuck to flying Cubs, Champs & nifty, thrifty Cessna 150s. Your design fits my old dream pretty close. Figure9

leaded50

Legendary member
frontpart/cowling done.... Lot of testing to make and get parts to fit. A good sanding, and it looks very nice with a prop spinner! With airintake under for cooling of ESC..
Here i used the style of Spitfire nose, even if changed.
DSC_0001_BURST20200221194705074.JPG