B-17 Plans Restarted

unrauv

Well I have figured out how I am going to do my round engine nacelles and retract install. So I have restarted the plans.

B-17F.png

unrauv

A friends father at the flying field was a tail gunner in a B-17, he asked me to do one. So I will start as soon as I finish my C-47. (another thread) I have figured out how to do my round engines so it will be on to a 6' B-17. God my wife is going to kill me, I am going to have to start giving my models away.

On another topic I don't use regular foam board, I found out I am using Elmers's Encore which is a clay coated board. It adds a little weight but it two/three times stiffer then regular foam board. I can do smaller parts with a sharp knife.

I figure I will run 4 - 1200Kv 28 x 26 engines. My Lancaster has tons of power the overall weight will not be much more with less wing loading. The Lancaster weights in at 5.5 lbs and the hobby king landing gear are rated to 4.7 kg (10.34 lbs).

I could also go with 4 x 28 x 30 400 W engines driving 4 9x7 tripple blade props, not sure how to go, more power is always better.

Last edited: