B-25 Mitchell DTFB Build

Blackbeltrrf

Wings completed tonight

Finally got my wings completed tonight. They look pretty good. Will start on motors tomorrow.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

I had to see how they are going to look on the fuselage. I can't wait to fly this bird
image.jpg
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    586.2 KB · Views: 21
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    593.2 KB · Views: 25

saiga556

Full of...
I have to say this is one of the coolest builds I've seen. Exactly the kind of twin engine build I'd like to do. It's gonna look real good in the air.

Blackbeltrrf

I have to say this is one of the coolest builds I've seen. Exactly the kind of twin engine build I'd like to do. It's gonna look real good in the air.

TYVM! I want to get this in the air really bad myself. If it flies good I will come back and put retracts on it.

Blackbeltrrf

Near completion of Engine nacelles

Finally able to work on the Duck after a few days away. Got the engine nacelles almost completed. These take a bit of work but are turning out really nice.
photo 1.JPG

photo 2.JPG

photo 3.JPG

photo 4.JPG

photo 5.JPG

Blackbeltrrf

Almost finished assembly

Got a lot done on the Duck. I will be starting the painting soon.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Remember to keep the soldering iron away from foam:)
image.jpg

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    684.8 KB · Views: 18

Blackbeltrrf

Top turret cannons complete

Not a lot done tonight but got the top turret dual .50 cal. Cannons all built and ready to paint.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Ready to start painting plane now.

VAND3R

this is 100% beautiful
I waaaaaaaant one! you are doing an amazing job, and those .50cals look like they are gonna add a really good aspect to the plane.
keep it up!

Blackbeltrrf

The B-25 Duck is painted and some artwork on it

The duck is all painted and got some of the artwork on it this weekend. Here are some pics of how the painting is coming along.

Top side of wing base color on
image.jpg
image.jpg

Fuselage base coat topside
image.jpg

The bottom base color also had to add a cf support for horizontal stabilizer after the fact
image.jpg
image.jpg

Starting to add panels
image.jpg
image.jpg

Panels nearly done
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Adding some of the artwork
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Added cockpit and nose detail with .50 cannon
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

More to come when I get the rest of the artwork on and the motors mounted. I hope to maiden this bird by the weekend if all goes well.

LordVader

That looks awesome. Makes me want to finish mine even faster. Hope I can make mine look as good as yours and Pheonix's.:)

Grounded Gremlin

The guy that doesn't fly
Wow!! I've never seen such an incredibly detailed build! Keep it up! That bird'll be impressive in the air, can't wait to see it fly. Doesn't look like DTFB at all! Keep up the updates! :D : D