B-25 Mitchell DTFB Build

Blackbeltrrf

B-25 duck nearing completion

A little closer to getting done with the Duck tonight. Almost ready for Maiden.

More artwork on
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Motors on
image.jpg

image.jpg

I am having trouble trying to get the differential throttle for my rudder control programmed in my DX9. I think I am going to have to start a new pleading thread for help.

Blackbeltrrf

Metal note: don't put a 4s on a Suppo 30amp esc

:( I was setting up the differential thrust on the duck and grabbed a 4s battery to use. Everything seemed fine until I started taxing around and the following pictures tell it all. I was able to get the power pod out in time to cause only minimal damage. Waiting on two new 4s escs to finisher Her up.
IMG_7260.JPG
IMG_7261.JPG
IMG_7262.JPG

Last edited:

Barneyrev

Wonderful! I had an FT Cruiser that I never could get to fly worth a darn. No matter what I did it seemed tail heavy.
I have been thinking about building a P-61. Your B-25 inspires me and using the Cruiser wiring and battery config is a great idea.
What wing span did you choose? The P-61 would be about the same. BH Night Stinger - preflight.jpg This is my latest effort. Two years! Not about to fly this bird. Hangs in my shop. Shame but don't want to break it.

Blackbeltrrf

That is a beautiful plane!! You definitely have more reserve than I do. That baby would be in the air a long time ago�� you have got to get a maiden video of that thing. To answer your question my B-25 Duck has a wingspan of 59.9" and is 46" long

Blackbeltrrf

Build completed and ready for Maiden

New escs arrived and fire damage repaired Here are some final pictures of the completed Ruptured Duck. I am ready for Maiden but C130s have everything jammed until after Friday. President Obama is visiting our city.

Added some stabilization to the vertical stabilizers. They were a little unstable.
image.jpg

Spring loaded
image.jpg
image.jpg

Top turret completed and mounted
image.jpg
image.jpg

Rear cannons mounted
image.jpg

Blackbeltrrf

B-25 Maiden Video

Was able to Maiden the B-25 today. It was a pretty good Maiden. I need to reinforce the wings as you will see in the last of the video. Once I get the wings fixed I am really going to like this bird. It flew very good today even though a little nose heavy.

This is a great design by Beyondthewheelrc.com

Enjoy the video.

Blackbeltrrf

Building my wings now. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Looking for a great outcome like you had.

What I did was to use two carbon arrow shafts one inserted from Escb side of the wings sliding them in just in front of the wing spars. It would be a lot easier to do this before you built the wings. I really like this plane. One other thing I did is to add support wires on the vertical stabilizers as well. I think there should be some pictures of this in the build. If you want to do this and need some pics showing it just holler and I will post some. Good luck with the build and post some pics

Blackbeltrrf

Any info is greatly appreciated. Thank you for the info on the wings. Vert. stab. info would be good too.

Here are the pics of my vertical stabilizer wiring. The harware is wire and connectors I had laying around from my P-26 peashooter from Horizon Hobby. You could get parts from there or just use anything you wanted but the wiring kit comes with little springs to make the wires flexible but holds everything in place really nice.

IMG_7263.JPG
IMG_7265.JPG
IMG_7266.JPG
IMG_7267.JPG