B pack

Zetoyoc

Elite member
it does feel that way sometimes. even on my scout, I was considering upgrading it to the c pack motor. but if you look at their posted compatibility guide there are quite a few planes they recommend for the b pack motor.

https://images.amain.com/images/resources/shared/PowerPack Chart Compatibility.pdf

I know ill be getting a second b motor for a twin I have planned but if I rebuild my scout ill be adding the c motor for it.

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
The B pack being a smaller motor then the C will only crry a handful of the FT models. Even the C pack radial is a little lacking in power for some of the larger heavier models like the Sportster or some warbirds. That being said you could probably move up to a 4s battery and try that, watch your amps draw though you could burn out the ESC. If you want to stick to 3s, bigger is better. You will need the torque and RPM for those "Oh :poop:!" moments to get yourself out of a pickle. I would say if you like flying you would be better off stepping up to a C pack, you will be building other planes that need it. The recommended Motor size on any of the models is the minimum you need to get any of the particular models to fly. From there you can add all the power you want

Spacefarer

I am using my b pack for a hovercraft forward fan (originally on a simple scout). Just a suggestion if you want to try something that isn't a plane.

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
it does feel that way sometimes. even on my scout, I was considering upgrading it to the c pack motor. but if you look at their posted compatibility guide there are quite a few planes they recommend for the b pack motor.

https://images.amain.com/images/resources/shared/PowerPack Chart Compatibility.pdf

I know ill be getting a second b motor for a twin I have planned but if I rebuild my scout ill be adding the c motor for it.
Yea I remember someone saying that you don't want to overpower the Scout one time. That plane is so adaptable even stock built. You could fly it on the B pack but after a few flights you want more power. I think @Marty72 started with a B in his and was happily surprised when he changed it for the C. I have heard the same for the Cub too

When I get a twin package I am gonna start with 28mm or bigger. The Sea Duck is one that I think is recommended for B packs, but @Headbang runs his off of C packs

Headbang

Master member
Yea I remember someone saying that you don't want to overpower the Scout one time. That plane is so adaptable even stock built. You could fly it on the B pack but after a few flights you want more power. I think @Marty72 started with a B in his and was happily surprised when he changed it for the C. I have heard the same for the Cub too

When I get a twin package I am gonna start with 28mm or bigger. The Sea Duck is one that I think is recommended for B packs, but @Headbang runs his off of C packs
The 1500mm twins will fly on b packs, but if you want to do more then lazy circles you need to go C pack, and if you want to have true fun you need C packs on 4s, and if you want insane fun radial twin c pack on 4s with 9x6 props.

Marty72

Elite member
The Scout with a C pack is awesome. No negatives, if you want to fly slower, just less throttle. I can't imagine ever buying another B pack motor. I run the B pack and C pack motor with a 9x6. That's most prop that I'd dare run with the B pack, with the C pack, it's a rocket.

Maxx

The B pack being a smaller motor then the C will only crry a handful of the FT models. Even the C pack radial is a little lacking in power for some of the larger heavier models like the Sportster or some warbirds. That being said you could probably move up to a 4s battery and try that, watch your amps draw though you could burn out the ESC. If you want to stick to 3s, bigger is better. You will need the torque and RPM for those "Oh :poop:!" moments to get yourself out of a pickle. I would say if you like flying you would be better off stepping up to a C pack, you will be building other planes that need it. The recommended Motor size on any of the models is the minimum you need to get any of the particular models to fly. From there you can add all the power you want
I think it was you that made me change my mind as I was about to buy a B-pack . Thank you dude , I followed your advice and I'm happy I bought the C-pack . In Canada they don't stay long in stock ...