Baa Baa Black Sheep, Have you any wool? Yes Sir, Yes Sir three Planes full!

Jimun

Elite member
Went to the field today. I warmed up with the TT and had no problems and a smooth landing. It was just a little breezy. I took the Corsair and a guy at the field helped me check the CG and and He said it looked good. I took off a little crazy (full throttle and the throws were on high:LOL:) Harry told me to change the throws, so I flip the switch and slowed down and it flew real good. I got to fly it around the field a few times before I lost it after recovering and and being to low to recover again. Sorry no video:(, I thought I had it on for the Corsair but when I went to load video on my computer I found I did not get it recorded. Any way here is the damage:

Corsair 33.JPG

Corsair 34.JPG

I hooked up my glue gun and repaired it in the field. But by this time the wind was picking up more so I called it a day. Harry said after I change to the low throws the Corsair looked good flying and that it was more stable.:D I will make sure I get video for you next time.

Last edited:

mayan

Legendary member
Went to the field today. I warmed up with the TT and had no problems and a smooth landing. It was just a little breezy. I took the Corsair and a guy at the field helped me check the CG and and He said it looked good. I took off a little crazy (full throttle and the throws were on high:LOL:) Harry told me to change the throws, so I flip the switch and slowed down and it flew real good. I got to fly it around the field a few times before I lost it after recovering and and being to low to recover again. Sorry no video:(, I thought I had it on for the Corsair but when I went to load video on my computer I found I did not get it recorded. Any way here is the damage:

View attachment 139924

View attachment 139925

I hooked up my glue gun and repaired it in the field. But by this time the wind was picking up more so I called it a day. Harry said after I change to the low throws the Corsair looked good flying and that it was more stable.:D I will make sure I get video for you next.
Great bed time story for me buddy. Happy to hear about that successful flight with it, even if it wasn’t recorded on video :).

kilroy07

Legendary member

View attachment 139924

View attachment 139925

I hooked up my glue gun and repaired it in the field. But by this time the wind was picking up more so I called it a day. Harry said after I change to the low throws the Corsair looked good flying and that it was more stable.:D I will make sure I get video for you next time.
That doesn’t look nearly as bad as before.

Congrats on the re-maiden!

I get myself into trouble with too much throws often as well. I know it causes high speed stalls but I really like seeing the planes flip end over end in maneuvers that would kill a man in real life! 😂

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
*****Success******:love::love::love::love::love:

And then I was having to much fun:eek:o_O:eek::(

OK time to start from scratch. I think I busted to many parts this time to repair. I have to have this Corsair again. But it will have to wait, I need to start the Spitfire now.:LOL::LOL:
Wow, it was going so well! Loops and rolls and smooth turns. Even a couple close passes down the runway. I know how hard those are at our skill level. It was just well done!

Bummer the ending. It was still some great darn flying! I don't think what got you in the end was lack of skill. I think it was lack of experience. I agree, you should definitely build another. Not only was it beautiful in the air, but you flew it with confidence. Great Darn Flying! :)

Jimun

Elite member
Wow, it was going so well! Loops and rolls and smooth turns. Even a couple close passes down the runway. I know how hard those are at our skill level. It was just well done!

Bummer the ending. It was still some great darn flying! I don't think what got you in the end was lack of skill. I think it was lack of experience. I agree, you should definitely build another. Not only was it beautiful in the air, but you flew it with confidence. Great Darn Flying! :)
Thanks @buzzbomb it was really fun flying it today. Hated to crash it like that. Ya I need to get more flying under my belt so I can make planes last longer:ROFLMAO:. I think I need to get on the simulator more to help me with my coordination and muscle memory. I will be back with another Corsair.:D

Jimun

Elite member
@Jimun great flying! I am speechless! You rocked it! I totally agree with @buzzbomb that wasn't a skill crash so much as an lack of exprience type crash. BTW if you look closely at the video that I posted on the Second part of my Journey thread you'll see that I crashed in the exact same manner.

Thanks @mayan Yep I think we both know it is hard to recover when you are that close to the ground.

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
Thanks @mayan Yep I think we both know it is hard to recover when you are that close to the ground.
It is, but that's not what I meant. You're used to much lighter planes that handle differently. With more experience with that size plane, you would have known it couldn't complete what you were trying to do without losing lift or running out of sky. With more experience you simply wouldn't have attempted it and would have gained altitude first.

Then you would have been able to complete the maneuver you were handling pretty well, or recover if it went south. Not a lack of skill. Just experience. I'm right there with you on that one! :)

The downside is there's only one way to get that experience. You've aptly demonstrated that one way. ;) I'm right there with you on that one, too! :cool:

mayan

Legendary member
Not only but the Corsair wings make it act different than other plans I’ve flown. They have some very weird self correcting tendencies at least that was the feeling I got :).

It is, but that's not what I meant. You're used to much lighter planes that handle differently. With more experience with that size plane, you would have known it couldn't complete what you were trying to do without losing lift or running out of sky. With more experience you simply wouldn't have attempted it and would have gained altitude first.

Then you would have been able to complete the maneuver you were handling pretty well, or recover if it went south. Not a lack of skill. Just experience. I'm right there with you on that one! :)

The downside is there's only one way to get that experience. You've aptly demonstrated that one way. ;) I'm right there with you on that one, too! :cool:
We all understood one another and all have the same issues. Flying low into a maneuver and getting a stamp to seal it off when we hit the ground. I am sorry but I like to see the plane up close and dying to do and awesome maneuver down low so I just accept the fact that there will most likely be damages and do it with a lot of love thanks to you, and others here on the forum.

Last edited:

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
Not only but the Corsair wings make it act different than other plans I’ve flown. They have some very weird self correcting tendencies at least that was the feeling I got :).

We all understood one another and all have the same issues. Flying low into a maneuver and getting a stamp to seal it off when we hit the ground. I am sorry but I like to see the plane up close and dying to do and awesome maneuver down low so I just accept the fact that there will most likely be damages and do it with a lot of love thanks to you, and others here on the forum.
The bonus for me is that I have now learned from YOU'RE experiences! I know that when I build the Master Series Corsair, if I'm gonna roll, I gotta do it high up! I love group builds! :D

mayan

Legendary member
The bonus for me is that I have now learned from YOU'RE experiences! I know that when I build the Master Series Corsair, if I'm gonna roll, I gotta do it high up! I love group builds! :D
So true :).

I have never attempted a roll - to roll right - we go right ailerons and left rudder? :unsure:
Take right aileron up. If like in the Corsair that it does not make the roll properly repeat and add right rudder.