Baa Baa Black Sheep, Have you any wool? Yes Sir, Yes Sir three Planes full!

Jimun

Elite member
Here are a couple of pictures of John H Glenn's F4U Corsair. 1st picture is his original paint and the 2nd is a fully restored F4U Corsair that is dedicated to John H Glenn. I think I will go with the 2nd one because I like the lighter color on the belly for a contrast for when I fly.

Paint.jpg

Paint 2.jpg

mayan

Legendary member
:ROFLMAO: Pretty sure the kid could ride in that one! (maybe after he has a few builds under his belt!)

Be up to you to buy those big hawking motors for it! :oops:
I think we all know it will have to wait for now. I got a ton of builds and maidens to do as is already and a EDF and bigger battery to buy too. But I’ll surely let him choose what he wants to fly next time he can’t fall asleep :).

One of the last times I went to the field next to home I saw a big 2m black snake taking a tour so I don’t fancy taking him there anymore. I do want to take him to the park one morning to train him some but can’t seem to find a time for it with work and other obligations.

mayan

Legendary member
Fuselage started! This is what I have so far.

IMG-2379.JPG

IMG-2378.JPG

IMG-2372.JPG IMG-2373.JPG IMG-2374.JPG IMG-2375.JPG IMG-2377.JPG

For me this part of the build was harder than the wings, here are some tips. On the thiner piece of the nose be very gentle I broke mine and had to hot glue it back (not a big deal though). On the bigger parts work the foam good to get it very soft and easy to work with mine was a bit stif and it made it harder to get around the formers. When you need to bevel cut a piece I recommend to do it slowly, remove a little, check, and remove more as needed. Other than that have fun, remember that it's ok if it doesn't look bought the first time you build it exactly like any other model, that practice make prefect. I must say that I really felt like i was bending foam, kinda like how @Splinter189 must feel when he is bending metal. Thank you for that great feeling man!

Any how taking a break as my shift at work will be over in 5 mins. Not a long break though because I need to stay awake at least till me my wife gets back home from a doctors appointment that she has with our daughter that is because is summer vacation and my son is at home.

More soon...

Jimun

Elite member
You are getting it together @mayan and thanks for the tips. I had a little trouble with both sides of the wing lining up and had to use some pressure on the last part of gluing to get it to stay in place. I was worried for a moment that it would not line up, but relieved when it held it's shape when the glue dried.

mayan

Legendary member
You are getting it together @mayan and thanks for the tips. I had a little trouble with both sides of the wing lining up and had to use some pressure on the last part of gluing to get it to stay in place. I was worried for a moment that it would not line up, but relieved when it held it's shape when the glue dried.
I am almost completely done with the fuselage :). Will post photos later.

Jimun

Elite member
Just got back home and checking the forums before going to bed. I don't know if I am going to get any more done tomorrow. I might take the TT out to the field. My Explorer is just about ready to. We will see what I can do tomorrow. To tired to think about it now. @mayan I will check out your pictures tomorrow.

kilroy07

Legendary member
The "Master Series" really begs for Ironing I think.

I am really torn guys, I might start the Corsair tonight... But the SR maiden did not go well yesterday... I think I will have to build the second SR there onsite at FF...
I might get everything ready to go with the Corsair and build it there as well...

I built one plane last year (My Legacy) might go for two this year!

Eddo radush

View attachment 135512
View attachment 135513
View attachment 135514 View attachment 135515

That’s where we took a break and got into trying to repair an RC car that @Eddo radush gave us. We’ve come up with this, we need a motor, a piece that would connect the back wheels to the motor mount, a servo and that that’s pretty much it :).

View attachment 135516
View attachment 135517
Make a new cover for the car with your own design from foam-board !
I believe in you :)