Baa Baa Black Sheep, Have you any wool? Yes Sir, Yes Sir three Planes full!

Jimun

Elite member
Alright so here are a few updates but that is all you are getting for now until I finish the paint scheme. First is a few pictures of the rounded leading edge and the removeable wing hatch mechanism I tried to mimic from: Flite Test Master Series Corsair Olathe Mods.

View attachment 136362
View attachment 136363
View attachment 136364

Second I started the paint scheme.

View attachment 136366
View attachment 136365
View attachment 136368
View attachment 136369
That is looking Great Mayan. The wing edge and the removable wing are looking great. Wanting for the finish. I am planing on getting more done on mine this weekend.

kilroy07

Legendary member
Well here’s what I got finished at FF.
The fuselage is pretty much done.
500579A2-D4FB-4668-899D-EE7EA81A9446.jpeg

I hit a snag when I tried to solder up the LEDs. So the wings will have to wait till this weekend.
I also ordered some glow in the dark vinyl, that should be the icing on the cake, really excited to see this one finished now!

Going to have to get some balsa to strengthen the fuselage though, that looks like a must do mod.

kilroy07

Legendary member
@kilroy07 - love the workbench equipment!
Yea... it’s messier than usual because I first tossed everything I thought I’d need to build the Corsair in a box, and then when I returned from FF basically dumped everything out on my desk when I returned. 🙄

I’ll clear a spot this weekend and get the Corsair finished and “maybe “ the edge painted... “maybe “....

PoorManRC

Master member
I always wondered about the glued together tubes as a Fuse on something that big...
When I'm up to building one of these (probably the P-47), I'll have to check out the Balsa Mod.

BTW, my Workbench looks much worse! LOL :ROFLMAO:

kilroy07

Legendary member
Picked up some new solder on my last business trip and a quick order from Amazon for some inspiration!
(Not that @mayan doing such a great job finishing his up wasn't inspiring! Again, great job Brother!!)
IMG_9210[1].JPG

Got some tricky soldering done last night...
IMG_9212[1].JPG
The size of the spar seemed to be designed for the LEDs as the small strip for navigation fit perfectly as did the length down the spar.
IMG_9213[1].JPG
Time to spend some family time, but I got pretty close to finishing up the wing!
IMG_9215[1].JPG
Hope to wrap up the build this morning and fly her tonight! (Snazzy glow-in-the-Dark decals will wait until after the maiden.)

How to light the tail is really an issue..... if it were two pieces of foam, I could run them inside... the Horizontal stab is fine... it's the darn Vertical one that is giving me fits...

mayan

Legendary member
Picked up some new solder on my last business trip and a quick order from Amazon for some inspiration!
(Not that @mayan doing such a great job finishing his up wasn't inspiring! Again, great job Brother!!)
View attachment 136749

View attachment 136750
The size of the spar seemed to be designed for the LEDs as the small strip for navigation fit perfectly as did the length down the spar.
View attachment 136751
Time to spend some family time, but I got pretty close to finishing up the wing!
View attachment 136752
Hope to wrap up the build this morning and fly her tonight! (Snazzy glow-in-the-Dark decals will wait until after the maiden.)

How to light the tail is really an issue..... if it were two pieces of foam, I could run them inside... the Horizontal stab is fine... it's the darn Vertical one that is giving me fits...
Wow that looks amazing! Love it! Absolutely love it! I have no idea how you can light up the tail but see no reason to do so. Again amazing work with the leds!

Jimun

Elite member
Man, you 2 are leaving me behind:LOL:. I will try to catch up. I might be able to spend a couple hours on mine today. Yesterday I picked up some balsa wood and cut out the reinforcements for the removable wing. Also got some magnets. After building the Corsair I think I will build the simple scout 1st to fly before I fly the Corsair. I want to practice more before I take up the Corsair.

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
View attachment 136749

View attachment 136750
View attachment 136751
View attachment 136752

Nice! Are they addressable RGB LEDS?