Baby Baron Gotha Gaggle for Flite Fest 2016!

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Control surfaces all hooked up. Just need to setup the power pod, ESC, and receiver. Should get to fly it tomorrow. All up weight right now is 160 grams. No need to register with the FAA for this one. :)

13054583_1185282654840022_792783140_o.jpg

Rasterize

Maker of skins and decals for foam board RC planes
Mentor
DharanFlyer is done. I usually wait till I get a bunch designed the go back and format for printing.
cvdmaverick is now in my sights!
DharanFlyerProof.jpg

Last edited:

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
I would go 2S with a 6x3 prop.
BTW, Tommy beat me to the punch and already got the Baby Brit in the air flying! He says it's good to go. I should have mine flying today as well. Plans coming very soon. Like tonight or tomorrow soon!!!

TEAJR66

Flite is good
Mentor
are we thinking 2s, 3s, or 4s power setups with an 18xx motor?

Flew the Baby Brit today on a 2S 500mah battery, 1806 motor with a 5x4.5 DAL prop. It flew fine. Seemed a little under powered.

Then I flew it on a 3S 500mah battery, same motor and prop. She was a rocket. cruised with authority under and at 1/2 throttle.

Next, back to a 2S at 350mah. No appreciable difference from the smaller battery.

Tomorrow, God willing, I will fly it on 2S and 3S with a 6x3E prop. If that happens, I will let you know how it goes.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Flew the Baby Brit today on a 2S 500mah battery, 1806 motor with a 5x4.5 DAL prop. It flew fine. Seemed a little under powered.

Then I flew it on a 3S 500mah battery, same motor and prop. She was a rocket. cruised with authority under and at 1/2 throttle.

Next, back to a 2S at 350mah. No appreciable difference from the smaller battery.

Tomorrow, God willing, I will fly it on 2S and 3S with a 6x3E prop. If that happens, I will let you know how it goes.

Thanks for testing Tommy. Your name will be on the final plans as a beta tester!

Mines all ready to go, just gotta charge batteries and try it out.

6 X 4 APC (only one I have ATM), MT1806, Plush 12A, 450 2S (and 450 3S)

AUW = 166 g (with the 450mAh 3S)

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Lothar von Richtofen's Baby Baron

*drum roll*

We have progress folks!

First, I cleverly glued paper to my hands, and eventually onto foam...

IMAG2313.jpg

All the pieces were ready in less than an hour. Took about that long to get all the spray glue off my fingers too...

IMAG2315.jpg

Assembly went well - just look at that beauty!

IMAG2316.jpg

Pro-tip: Remember to cut the 45 on the ailerons AFTER gluing the wing down (I got that part) but BEFORE gluing the wing onto the fuselage. Would be much simpler that way. Came out just fine though...

IMAG2318.jpg

Servos and a power pod from my scrapped FT Mini Speedster squeeze in just right!

IMAG2319.jpg

Control horns, rods, and receiver tomorrow and she'll be ready to fly! Also want to gently spray the "engine" side pieces with some paint or get after them with some sharpies before sticking them on too.

With some luck I'll be able to toss her in the air on Sunday.

:cool:

Attachments

• IMAG2317.jpg
    IMAG2317.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

CrashRecovery

I'm a care bear...Really?
Mentor
*drum roll*

We have progress folks!

First, I cleverly glued paper to my hands, and eventually onto foam...

View attachment 67964

All the pieces were ready in less than an hour. Took about that long to get all the spray glue off my fingers too...

View attachment 67965

Assembly went well - just look at that beauty!

View attachment 67967

Pro-tip: Remember to cut the 45 on the ailerons AFTER gluing the wing down (I got that part) but BEFORE gluing the wing onto the fuselage. Would be much simpler that way. Came out just fine though...

View attachment 67968

Servos and a power pod from my scrapped FT Mini Speedster squeeze in just right!

View attachment 67969

Control horns, rods, and receiver tomorrow and she'll be ready to fly! Also want to gently spray the "engine" side pieces with some paint or get after them with some sharpies before sticking them on too.

With some luck I'll be able to toss her in the air on Sunday.

:cool:
Love it!!!!!!!