Baby Blender v2 help

jaceparker

I have recently built a baby blender. I have a 1000kv tunigy motor and a 30 amp esc swinging a 8045 prop. I can not get it in the air, every time in gets about a foot in the air then fall out. I don't know whats wrong. Any help would be very helpful.

Thanks
Jace

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Sounds like you are lacking in the power department. The Blender is a bit heavier than some of the other earlier FT models that use the Beef setup. I think you probably need at least a 1200kv motor swinging an 8x6 prop. Did you use Dollar Tree foam board? Any additional weight? How big is the battery?

herk1

Trash Hauler emeritus
It sounds like you're trying to pull it off the ground prematurely, before it has accelerated to flying airspeed. Or maybe there is a CG or trim issue (CG too far forward and/or needs some 'up' elevator trim) or a motor thrust-angle issue. Is this your first plane? Can you post any photos, and be more specific about which motor, battery (including number of cells), etc. you are using, and the total weight of your plane?

Thorsclaw

When hand launching something I always try to do is replicate a real takeoff so try running with it or some glide tests

Last edited:

jaceparker

i have a turnigy D2830-11 motor, 1300 mah 3 cell, I do have some 8060 props in the mail coming next week. It is built with dollar tree foam board, this is my first built. It weights about 680 grams fully loaded.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Running a 3S battery off that motor you should at least be swinging a 9 x 4.7 prop if not a 10 x 4.7. An 8 x 4.5 is not going to generate enough thrust to fly the BB with that motor. I doubt an 8 x 6 will do it either.

herk1

Trash Hauler emeritus
Also: check to see if maybe you mounted the prop on the wrong way. It should have the numbers facing forwards. That makes a big difference.

I use a similar motor (a 400xt) on many planes, and prefer either a GWS 9x5 prop or an APC 8x6E prop, depending on whether I'm going more for thrust or speed (on my Bloody Wonder I have the 9x5, because I want the thrust to do those standing vertical takeoffs).

jaceparker

Ok thanks guys been a real help once the 8060 props get in ill let you know how they do. And yes the prop is mounted the right way.