Baby Bugatti 700m

lawrenceyy

I thought I'd give everyone an update. I flew the bugatti on the 800mAh 3s battery today, and it flew so much faster. I'm very happy with how this plane turned out: very fast, very nimble, very responsive.

One thing that caught me off guard the plane rolling right. I had to trim my ailerons to the left 50 clicks before it leveled off. The plane does not have any significant balance issues (weight-wise) about the roll axis. I've always had to put some left trim, but with the new motor/battery combo, I definitely needed to add more. My motor spins the typical direction- I wonder what is causing this.

lawrenceyy

It occurred to me that most people may not have access to a laser cutter, so I repackaged my plans to be printable on 8.5"x11" paper. I've added the file to the original post.

lawrenceyy

Lawrence,cool build,do you have any right thrust built in? If so you may want to zero it.
how bout making a 700mm kit for us ......cnc foam cut?
tnx

My motor is mounted straight on. I never give my planes any thrust angle.

What do you mean by a kit? The plans are posted. I've never cut foam board on the CNC (I have milled wings and fuselages). Laser is faster, although the foam shrinks at the lasered edges.

700mm Bug

My motor is mounted straight on. I never give my planes any thrust angle.

What do you mean by a kit? The plans are posted. I've never cut foam board on the CNC (I have milled wings and fuselages). Laser is faster, although the foam shrinks at the lasered edges.

Sorry,I meant to say Laser cut....Yeah it will melt a bit on the edges...The FT kits are all slightly shrunk at the edges according to the pics I've seen... ...I usually rely on the trusty sharp blade in my utility/xacto knives
Well time to print your plans and get cutting..
Cheers

lawrenceyy

Sorry,I meant to say Laser cut....Yeah it will melt a bit on the edges...The FT kits are all slightly shrunk at the edges according to the pics I've seen... ...I usually rely on the trusty sharp blade in my utility/xacto knives
Well time to print your plans and get cutting..
Cheers

If you live in the Portland area, you'd be in luck. I fly with a group of guys and often help them laser cut flitetest kits out of foam board.